Passed the network+ today

Ris3Ris3 Posts: 16Member ■□□□□□□□□□
thanks to everyone for the advice and for those who posted information i am network+ certified. any suggestion on what whats next I'm thinking of security+

Comments

• AntonovAntonov Posts: 10Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • mauguilarmauguilar Technician Los AngelesPosts: 37Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I passed mine today too..
  • sunilh121sunilh121 Posts: 12Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations was the question easy
  • Ris3Ris3 Posts: 16Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Antonov wrote: »
    Congratulations
    thank you
    mauguilar wrote: »
    Congratulations, I passed mine today too..
    thank you and congratulation
    sunilh121 wrote: »
    Congratulations was the question easy
    thats a relative term lol but for me it was challenging i got a 720 on the dot and i studied my ass off for almost 3 months
  • Skyliinez92Skyliinez92 Level 99 Wizard Gielinor, UKPosts: 696Mod Mod
    I would go for the Security+ next. You will have obtained the traditional CompTIA trio and have the basic knowledge and skills to operate in a Network and Security environment. Plus, even if you just wanted to work in Networking, you will need to have some knowledge in Security as they closely tie in together in every workplace you go to. It also prepares you for the CCNA and CISSP if you decided to do those. Congrats on the pass!
    Certs Achieved: CompTIA A+ | Net+ | Sec+, MTA NF (98-366), MTA OSF (98-349), MCTS: Win 7, MCP Win 10 (70-698)
    Currently Studying: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 ( 70-740 | 70-741 | 70-742 )

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    sweet!! thanks for the advice. what material do you recommend for the security+?
  • $bvb379$bvb379 Posts: 155Member
    Darril Gibson's book. TBH you should only need to study a few chapters in the book. 70% of the material in the Security+ you already know from the Network+, a lot of things will be redundant when jumping right in. I have been studying for the Network+ off and on, more so on lately, and it is way more material than the Security+. I don't feel prepared at all.
    I used Professor Messer, the CompTIA Sec+ objectives and some practice exams on MeasureUp and ExamCompass. I took a risk and just used these methods in 2-4 weeks of study and passed with a 780. If I had used another source like Darril Gibsons book and a few extra hours of study in my weeks I could have gotten a higher score, but a pass is a pass nonetheless.

I would definitely recommend doing it sooner rather than later. A lot of Networking concepts are in the Sec+ exam so do it while its fresh in your head. Use these sources and you could pass it within a month. Good luck!
    Certs Achieved: CompTIA A+ | Net+ | Sec+, MTA NF (98-366), MTA OSF (98-349), MCTS: Win 7, MCP Win 10 (70-698)

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
  • StebowStebow Posts: 2Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. It was tough, but I passed two weeks ago on my second try. Apparently, you need to know your stuff to pass this.
    thanks and congratulation to you as well
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Posts: 471Member
    Congratulations on the pass!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • gncsmithgncsmith Posts: 458Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • jones551jones551 Posts: 154Member
    Congrats!
  • jowonejowone Posts: 4Registered Users ■□□□□□□□□□
    MeasureUp and ExamCompass are they free
  • tmtextmtex Posts: 326Member
    jowone wrote: »

MU isnt
    jowone wrote: »

You have to pay for MeasureUp