You guys rock. OSCP will be my choice

ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
So after I passed my CISSP In Feb I wanted to take another Security focused test to progress. I was up in the air Cism, GCIH, CISA, GPEN and thanks to this sub forum I have decied to take my talents to OSCP(lebron james Voice). Im so excited about this i alomst put my degree on hold for this but hopefully I can finish this term and will be starting early 2017. If anyone want to start a study group we can skype or google +.

Any recomendations on books or videos to look up beofre hand will be welcomed.

Im too excited about this i didnt sleep much last night lol I literrally was telling myself screw my bachelors i have a AA and cissp i should just do OSCP.
I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Comments

• ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Check this out... Sir Jollyfrogs did a excellent job on his progress with the OSCP and actually motivated me to set that cert next after my RHCSA....

Thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/security-certifications/110760-oscp-jollyfrogs-tale.html
    Be sure to read the WHOLE thread on page 2 he drops a load of websites that helped with the test.... also check this out as well...

Offensive Security's PWB and OSCP - My Experience - Security SiftSecurity Sift

And

Try Harder! An OSCP Review.Blog of Jason Bernier

The links above are blogs that 2 people wrote about their OSCP experience!!!!
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Nice! I've got this on my radar for Jan 2017. Agree with all of the resources ITSpectre listed, especially Jollyfrog's thread.

I myself plan on the following for prep:

1. Learn Linux at the Linux+ level (reading the book, not taking the test)
    2. Learn Python (starting with Codeacademy, probably will do the SPSE from SecurityTube)
    3. Complete my eLearnSecurity PTPv3 course and eCPPT (hopefully will upgrade to PTPv4 depending on cost or if it's a big enough upgrade)
    4. Complete the Cybrary Ethical Hacking and Advanced Penetration Testing video courses.
    5. Read Georgia Weidman's book: Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking
    6. Potentially complete the Metasploit Unleashed course
    7. Potentially attend SANS SEC560 in August (waiting to see if I got accepted to facilitate)
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ITSpectre wrote: »
    Check this out... Sir Jollyfrogs did a excellent job on his progress with the OSCP and actually motivated me to set that cert next after my RHCSA....

Thread: http://www.techexams.net/forums/security-certifications/110760-oscp-jollyfrogs-tale.html
    Be sure to read the WHOLE thread on page 2 he drops a load of websites that helped with the test.... also check this out as well...

Offensive Security's PWB and OSCP - My Experience - Security SiftSecurity Sift

And

Try Harder! An OSCP Review.Blog of Jason Bernier

The links above are blogs that 2 people wrote about their OSCP experience!!!!

That second one is mine :)
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Nice! I've got this on my radar for Jan 2017. Agree with all of the resources ITSpectre listed, especially Jollyfrog's thread.

I myself plan on the following for prep:

1. Learn Linux at the Linux+ level (reading the book, not taking the test)
    2. Learn Python (starting with Codeacademy, probably will do the SPSE from SecurityTube)
    3. Complete my eLearnSecurity PTPv3 course and eCPPT (hopefully will upgrade to PTPv4 depending on cost or if it's a big enough upgrade)
    4. Complete the Cybrary Ethical Hacking and Advanced Penetration Testing video courses.
    5. Read Georgia Weidman's book: Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking
    6. Potentially complete the Metasploit Unleashed course
    7. Potentially attend SANS SEC560 in August (waiting to see if I got accepted to facilitate)

Im going to do this as well... since I am studying Linux I may as well join in on the fun!!!!! Lets do iticon_cheers.gif
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Maybe we can get a group started around december if you guys are still motto to do it

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    That sounds good. I really hope to be able to start this in Jan. The director at my work wants to bring red team in-house, so this would go a long way to opening that door for me. I've already talked to him about it and I have a gameplan to get there.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I might join you in Jan if I managed to complete Linux+ and eWPT this year.
  • ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The more the merrier

• doctorlexusdoctorlexus Member Posts: 217
    Envious. I really want to do this cert. It's only the lack of $1150 stopping me at this point.
  • ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    Envious. I really want to do this cert. It's only the lack of $1150 stopping me at this point.
    Similar sitution, I just recently started learning about how to probably manage my finances. I have honestly ate out 2-3 times in the last several months. I mostly eat pasta, black beans, eggs tofu, peanut butter sandwhiches etc. all so that I can pay off all of my debts/student loans before 2016 is over.

I wish I could get a refund on the money I spent on CEH back in September 2015 towards OSCP instead... that reminds me I need to pay off my CC for the CISSP exam I took last month.

Clm, could you please talk more in detail on why you decided on the OSCP? I also recently passed the CISSP and have been looking at CISM, CISA, CCSP and now slowly opening up to OSCP.

Thanks!