Options

MTA Exam 98-365 Study Materials

bigmike2238bigmike2238 Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I read a couple of posts here, and realize that the MCSA certification is the bigger bang for your buck, but I have never officially taken an exam before. The reason I am posting is to find out, what are the best study materials I can use to pass this test? I plan on getting the measure up test, and Possibly using infinite skills for learning. Will this be enough to pass? Or should I invest in other types of education?

Thanks to all that reply,

Mike

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Get one of the Microsoft books for the certificate you are trying to attempt and also you need to lab a lot, so you will need to practice what you learn and come across in your studying in a VM or on a physical machine. Microsoft certifications are technical and deal with the MS technologies so you will learn more by actually practicing, whatever you do, don't read just the books without actually doing some practice. Plenty of free VM software out there that you can use to spin up a virtual machine.
  • Options
    Hi TheFORCE,

Thank you for the information. I will research what books are out there from Microsoft. I actually have a small lab setup at home, so that shouldn't be a problem. I guess the biggest thing I need to do now is set aside time to practice. Thanks for your insight.

Mike
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Another resource you can check out is Microsoft Virtual Academy. Tons of good info and it's free.
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The MTA exams are not hard.... the MS Virtual Academy should be all you need. You just need to study, and you should be fine. I would lab for your own knowledge though....
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    Thanks to all the replied to this thread. I am currently going through the MVA information. When the time comes take the test, I'll post whether I passed or not. :D

Mike