CISM June 2016 Exam Experience and Results.

awaitingawaiting Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Lets start this thread for those who took June 2016 CISM exam. Share your thoughts :D while waiting for results icon_study.gif

Comments

• blossom781blossom781 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Interesting exam... I spent almost 4 hours in answering those 200 questions. Some questions were really vague...assuming that those were research questions. Lets see what happens next... awaiting results now. 15th Jul is the result date, right?
  • alsecalsec Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found the exam relatively not that so hard to solve, since many questions were quite similar. For example, senior management commitment is an important factor in sec governance, risk mgmt and security program design.
    how many of them would be right? Just if you want to guess...
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I posted this in another thread so I will copy and paste here.

I didn't think it was that hard, easier than the CISSP (which I took years ago). I finished in about 3 hours.

My strategy was similar to when I did the CISSP:

- did the questions in 20 block increments
    - marked out the incorrect answer and circled the correct on in the book.
    - if I couldn't deduct the correct answer, placed a star next to it and moved on.
    - after 20 questions I would fill in the answer sheet, placing a line through the question number in the book when I filled it in on the sheet.
    - rinse repeat until finished.
    - after I was done answering I went back and reviewed the ones I placed a star next to. If i still had issues I circled the question number..
    - when I had answered all questions I went line by line through the scantron form to make sure I had filled in a bubble for each line (caught 2 that I missed).

I "think" I passed the test. I remember when I took the CISSP there were a few questions I was still going over in my head after the test. Not so in this case. I could be completely wrong and have failed the test. I'll know in 5 weeks.

Oh yeah, so we got moved all around the city twice before the exam. We all arrived at 8am and they moved us a few blocks away (downhill to another building). We sat in the lobby there for about 10-15 minutes and then they moved us again to another building a few blocks away (uphill). When we got to the final test location we had to sit and wait about 20 minutes so they could set up, which was good because most of us were pretty winded from all the walking. Come to find out apparently there was a bomb scare or something and that is why our actual test room kept being moved.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    THanks for the write up...sorry you guys all got moved so much..wow
    rwmidl wrote: »
    I posted this in another thread so I will copy and paste here.

I didn't think it was that hard, easier than the CISSP (which I took years ago). I finished in about 3 hours.

My strategy was similar to when I did the CISSP:

- did the questions in 20 block increments
    - marked out the incorrect answer and circled the correct on in the book.
    - if I couldn't deduct the correct answer, placed a star next to it and moved on.
    - after 20 questions I would fill in the answer sheet, placing a line through the question number in the book when I filled it in on the sheet.
    - rinse repeat until finished.
    - after I was done answering I went back and reviewed the ones I placed a star next to. If i still had issues I circled the question number..
    - when I had answered all questions I went line by line through the scantron form to make sure I had filled in a bubble for each line (caught 2 that I missed).

I "think" I passed the test. I remember when I took the CISSP there were a few questions I was still going over in my head after the test. Not so in this case. I could be completely wrong and have failed the test. I'll know in 5 weeks.

Oh yeah, so we got moved all around the city twice before the exam. We all arrived at 8am and they moved us a few blocks away (downhill to another building). We sat in the lobby there for about 10-15 minutes and then they moved us again to another building a few blocks away (uphill). When we got to the final test location we had to sit and wait about 20 minutes so they could set up, which was good because most of us were pretty winded from all the walking. Come to find out apparently there was a bomb scare or something and that is why our actual test room kept being moved.
  • piranetuspiranetus Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A bomb scare? That's pretty crazy.
  • RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I really don't remember the exam very well, I know I went in, put in ear plugs and left two hours later. Not that I would share, but not one of the questions was memorable enough to recall.
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
  • DaRkFiReDaRkFiRe Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found the exam to be much harder then expected. Took me 4 hours to the minute to answer all questions and I left the building feeling nothing but tired.. Few days later I still believe it's 50/50 :) either I took it or i didn't.
  • awaitingawaiting Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Seems that its a general sentiment to all those who took the CISM exam, regardless of country and background. Would it suffice to say that the exam we took last June 11, is a difficult exam and being difficult is a character unique compared with previous CISM exams?
    Finished taking the CISM exam for 2 hours? seems you did well icon_thumright.gif
  • dayglodayglo Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was surprised at just how different the exam was than the official practice questions and the three day boot camp I attended the week before the exam.

A bunch of people left at exactly two hours (no idea if that means they aced it or if they just answered the first answer which popped into their head) and the rest of us stayed until the very end. My worst fear is that I changed about 10 answers and that I changed them from right to wrong.

I have absolutely no idea if I passed or not.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I really don't remember the exam very well, I know I went in, put in ear plugs and left two hours later. Not that I would share, but not one of the questions was memorable enough to recall.

You are allowed to use earplugs?
  • fullcrowmoonfullcrowmoon Member Posts: 172
    I finished the CISM exam on June 11th in about 2.5 hours. The CISSP took me 3.5 hours, so I think that feels about right. I had some trouble concentrating on the questions due to extreme lack of sleep, so I'm uncertain about whether or not I passed. It didn't seem overly hard so I'm hopeful. This is a certification that work would like me to have and so I'd rather get it over with and be done.
    "It's so stimulating being your hat!"
    "... but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."
  • RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »

Yeah, it's on the webpage with glasses - Taking the CISM Exam
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
    TheFORCE wrote: »

ISACA testing centers provide complimentary earplugs during the exam
  • topper24501topper24501 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Due to unforeseen circumstances and laziness, I only studied for 3 days and I am confident that I passed the exam. I feel by previously taking the CISA helped a lot because I knew the format of the exam and how to read, interpret, and answer the questions. I do feel that the CISA was a little harder (Just my opinion) due to the fact that I wasn't as comfortable with the Auditing domain. But the CISM was right down my alley and if you took the CISSP, then many of those domain topics appeared on the CISM exam. I also think that real world experience from my current Risk Management job and understanding of IS Management, IS Governance, strategy, policies, procedures, etc helped as well.

It took me all 4 hours but that was because I took my time and read the questions twice (look for keywords), look at answers and read the question again (Overkill but it works for me). Also took a bathroom and water break.

Good luck to everyone else that took the exam.
    Network+ CE
    Security+ CE
    MCITP: SA
    OCP - Solaris 10
    CISSP
    Four weeks to go before CISM exam results icon_wink.gif
    It's on 15th July, right?
    blossom781 wrote: »
    It's on 15th July, right?

Yes, results will hopefully be out by 11-15 July 2016
  • fullcrowmoonfullcrowmoon Member Posts: 172
    I wish to report that I am obsessively checking the ISACA website on a daily basis even though I KNOW the results won't be in prior to July 15th and perhaps even later than that. I'm convinced I failed and I want to get the disappointment part over with. icon_rolleyes.gif
    "It's so stimulating being your hat!"
    "... but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."
    I wish to report that I am obsessively checking the ISACA website on a daily basis even though I KNOW the results won't be in prior to July 15th and perhaps even later than that. I'm convinced I failed and I want to get the disappointment part over with. icon_rolleyes.gif

So do I icon_rolleyes.gif the waiting is killing me but high hope is all that we need for now icon_thumright.gif
  • maktoummaktoum Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm in between, pass or fail, but there is always hope
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Keep the faith, you'll probably do better than you thought in spite of the uncertainty you're feeling now.

It's excruciating having to wait like this, however, just try to put it out of you're mind and wait for the results on July 15th!
  • emc2emc2 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Similar to some of the guys above. I spend about 3.5 hours in the exam came out and can't remember a single question that was asked.I felt there was a bit of repetition in some of the questions. I did the CISA in December (and passed) so that was a help because I knew the format and what was being looked for.
  • kook1979kook1979 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So I bought the books from ISACA and read the first book cover to cover by the end of March. In April, my goal was 50 questions a day. In May, my goal was 100 questions a day, and in June, I did a few 200 question days. All in all I probably did over 5,000 questions for this exam. When I went in to take it, I felt comfortable and confident, especially after answering the first question. After that, I was a bit nervous and my first pass, I left about 80 questions unanswered. I went back and slowly answered the rest of them, sometimes repeating the question 10 - 15 times in my head before I finally got what it was they were asking. I don't feel as if I bombed the exam which is good, but I also don't feel as if I aced the exam. I'd say, I'm somewhere in between. icon_smile.gif I cannot wait to get the results as CISM is my out to CISSP. If I pass CISM comfortably, then I am going to seriously consider CISSP. I already have CEH, CNDA, and CASP.
  • n.s.shriramn.s.shriram Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CISM to me was an average exam with the right mix of easy & tricky questions.The toughest part was to complete 50 questions per hour on an average . I literally had 2 minutes before the examiner said it's time .
    On the waiting period , ya it kills . All my thoughts revolve around it & I am able to sense many in this thread share my words. Let's all hope for the best & wait for the day .All the best to the people awaiting their Isaca exam results .
    Two weeks to go everyone icon_thumright.gif

hopefully by next week we can know the results.....just like last year when I waited for my CISA exam results, ISACA was able to release it on the 4th week while formal email/letter were delivered on the 5th week.

Is there still a backdoor for the results? icon_wink.gif
    This is the 4th week. So shall we expect results in this week on ISACA site?
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    blossom781 wrote: »
    This is the 4th week. So shall we expect results in this week on ISACA site?

An email will be sent out with result. exactly on the friday around 6:30 PM GMT before the 5 weeks SLA. dont even bother wasting your time checking the website, etc,, they wont post it before the above time and date.
    Thanks Dustervoice...I assume that you are talking about friday of 5th week which is 15th Jul.