Options

CRISC June 2016 Exam Experience and Results.

Comments

• Options
    shaanp92shaanp92 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My result date prediction icon_smile.gif
    22/07 - 10% chance
    29/07 - 70% chance
    05/08 - 20% chance

I'm putting my money on August 5th, but I'm hoping we'll hear something sooner. :)

Does anyone know how to check what we set as our "preferred" method of receiving the results (email vs mail)? I cannot seem to remember which option I chose.
  • Options
    rajeshsriramrajeshsriram Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    shaanp92 wrote: »
    I'm putting my money on August 5th, but I'm hoping we'll hear something sooner. :)

Does anyone know how to check what we set as our "preferred" method of receiving the results (email vs mail)? I cannot seem to remember which option I chose.

Alternatively, when the results are released, you can check your results by logging on to isaca.org
  • Options
    Doesn't look like results will be posted today. Maybe next Friday?
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes most likely next week. hang in there.
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yes, I would say, based on their previous timetables, its 80-90% to see scores released next friday... It's almost over guys :)
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    domovladomovla Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just a real world example.........

Suppose you've finished your CRISC exam and are still waiting for the result. Would it be a FAILED or a PASS ???
    If you've PASSED then you want might want to take the CISM exam (for example, CISA will do as well). This is just a real world example, right ? Right !
    But if you FAILED then you want te retake the CRISC exam this year. Right ? Right !
    But you also noticed that the deadline for the CISM and CISA exams are within two days and that the CRISC exam result will not be expected in a couple of days. Can happen, right ? Right ! And two exams is just too much to prepare for at the same time.
    In this situation ISACA offered you an extra couple of months to study ! Lucky you !!
  • Options
    domovladomovla Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please note that this is just a real world example...... I already finished and passed CISM and CISA.
  • Options
    Results are out! I passed! Good luck to everyone else.
  • Options
    JazzPilot56JazzPilot56 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got my CGEIT results, so not surprised CRISC results published too. My CGEIT was a pass, likewise good luck to everyone getting CRISC results.
  • Options
    IatluriIatluri Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Passed the CRISC exam!
  • Options
    munazipmunazip Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Finally passed my CRISC exam after several attempts - many thanks to the almighty for seeing me through this time. Never give up on anything!!
  • Options
    djb.45acpdjb.45acp Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed! Congrats to everyone who passed and good luck, on the next one, for those who didn't.
  • Options
    CaptainunhappyCaptainunhappy Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got my results for CRISC today - 425. I used the Review Manual and the QAE database getting low to mid 90s on the practice exams, and still didn't make the grade. I have to agree with some of the posts here that the test questions were really odd and not very well covered in the study material. I have both CISA and CISM certifications and the CRISC exam has the most strangely worded test questions yet. I was mentally wiped out after the exam in June and am wondering what additional materials I can study to prep for the December test this time around? Moving on to the CISSP after I pass the CRISC and I can say I am pretty much done with ISACA and their certifications...
  • Options
    dave00100dave00100 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed CRISC. icon_cheers.gif
    I'm guessing I'm in the bottom 10% (499), but I won't mention that on my resume.

Does anyone know how long it takes ISACA to issue the cert once the application is turned in?
  • Options
    dave00100 wrote: »
    I passed CRISC. icon_cheers.gif
    I'm guessing I'm in the bottom 10% (499), but I won't mention that on my resume.

Does anyone know how long it takes ISACA to issue the cert once the application is turned in?

Took about 6-8 weeks for the December 2015 cycle

My co-worker who also took it nailed a top 5% score with a 608, needless to say, she was happy :)
  • Options
    Got my results for CRISC today - 425. I used the Review Manual and the QAE database getting low to mid 90s on the practice exams, and still didn't make the grade. I have to agree with some of the posts here that the test questions were really odd and not very well covered in the study material. I have both CISA and CISM certifications and the CRISC exam has the most strangely worded test questions yet. I was mentally wiped out after the exam in June and am wondering what additional materials I can study to prep for the December test this time around? Moving on to the CISSP after I pass the CRISC and I can say I am pretty much done with ISACA and their certifications...

You dont list the IT Risk Framework for this time around, so definitely add it... what is your background/experience ?
  • Options
    Damon NgDamon Ng Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    oaklandoakland Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    and... 4th time was a charm. At it for two years, finally passed, 491. Had 443 last time, so for those that didn't pass this time around, keep at it!
  • Options
    dave00100dave00100 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    6-8 weeks? ISACA doesn't do anything quickly, I guess.

Thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    DolphDolph Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed with a 524. This was my second attempt having got 423 in Dec. I rushed my revision first time through and went on a pretty poor revision course. This time I started earlier - about 4/5 weeks out and went on a better revision course (organised through ISACA, using BCS in London). Luckily for me my company covered the costs involved, but the BCS course is relatively inexpensive. I used the Q&A DB (went through around 2000 question attempts) and glanced at the review manual but nothing more.
  • Options
    mostlyethicalmostlyethical Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats everyone. I originally taught that if you held a previous ISACA cert such as CISM, then the application for CRISC was a given but that doesn't seem to be the case. So is it a full application, CV and endorsement as previous certs were?
  • Options
    @mostlyethical, yes CV/resume and endorsement
  • Options
    mostlyethicalmostlyethical Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks @jcundiff. I think there are enough similarities between the 4 certs that a previous recent application should at least count for something but it is what it is. I should just be happy with the pass icon_surprised.gif
  • Options
    mwnciboomwnciboo Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys, a somewhat disappointed Brit here....Did the CRISC in London in June 2016 - I found this exam completely got me.

I'm pretty used to exams all my life, from University and Professional exams, and have nailed CISSP with 97% in two hours.

One of my strengths is objectivity, I know what I know, and am pretty comfortable predicting my exam results based on "I know X and Y is right, and Z was a guess" and you get a feel for when it's a fail, Solid pass, a good pass, or when you are sailing.

I came out of the CRISC completely drained...It was an abomination of an exam, I had put 60hrs of self study in, and have 14 years working in IS / Cyber and Risk with my current role working in the RISK Directorate at a financial institution. I had done the test papers, and had bought the official ISACA books and exams.

Being brutally honest I'm not used to failing these things but I had a feeling in my gut, that this was a fail or weak pass. Being subjective, i felt it was not about proving Knowledge, it was about trying to catch out people. I have never sat exam with a question that was identical was asked 3 times, but each time had 4 different multiple guess answers.

It felt at times that you weren't answering the question, as giving the "Least Worst Answer"....

It's a bit like 2+2 = a, 5 b, 7 c, 9 d, 11 and the logic is that it's a,5 because it's the closest to 4.

As the study materials and sample exam papers were so far off base, I'm concerned that ISACA has burned it's relationshop with me, because I really don't fancy giving up another "SATURDAY" to go and do another hatchet job of an exam.

I was close to the 450 pass mark, but I just don't fancy doing it again?

Congratulations to those who passed, you managed to decrypt the questions well.
  • Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mwnciboo wrote: »

As the study materials and sample exam papers were so far off base, I'm concerned that ISACA has burned it's relationshop with me, because I really don't fancy giving up another "SATURDAY" to go and do another hatchet job of an exam.

Congratulations to those who passed, you managed to decrypt the questions well.

I have to agree with you here. Prep material didnt help at all!
  • Options
    MrKimMrKim Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am a non-native English speaker and did CISA three years ago with a score of 620, and now in June I passed CRISC with a score of 599. This time around I read the review book once (three hours) and then practiced using the online database until I got all questions correct. This took about ten hours. Many things in the material were familiar from CISA but in the exam itself not so much.

The test itself I found had little to do with the practice materials. Lots of pointless trick questions where you just had to guess. Finished the exam in two hours but was absolutely exhausted afterwards. Worst thing, though, was that I had no gut feeling of whether it was a fail or pass.

I work in internal audit and have about ten years of IS experience.
  • Options
    jcundiff wrote: »
    @mostlyethical, yes CV/resume and endorsement

I've read through the instructions, and they're not very clear. So to ensure I understand this correctly, we have to submit a copy of our resume with the application?

And when you say endorsement, you're referring to the part of the application which needs to be signed by a superior to "verify" relevant work experience, correct?

Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    On a side note, ISACA is literally like the DMV. Every process is a total pain, waits are incredibly long, it costs money, but we have no choice.

Want to take the CRISC? Only two annual exam dates. :D
    Took the CRISC? 8 week wait for results. :D
    Want to be certified? Fill out painful PDF application, oh and don't forget the $50 "processing fee". :D
    Managed to submit painful PDF application for certification? Another 8 week wait. :D

Jeez, can these people make anything easy? I was hoping at least the application would be online, instead of a PDF.. What's the excuse there? And they're charging a $50 "processing fee" the least they can do is speed up the process!

But hey, at the DMV at least you get what you need on the same day. So I think the DMV has ISACA beat. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    munazipmunazip Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No need to submit your CV. Just the signed employer verification copies, your application form and the $50 processing fee.
  • Options
    Rehana44Rehana44 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations to all those who passed CRISC :)

I am planning to give CRISC this December and bought Review Manual from ISACA. I would like to know what is the difference between Questions & Answers Manual and Online DB. Online DB seems too expensive, is it worth buying?