Options

CISSP: Transcender Exams or CCURE?

SecurityGuy05SecurityGuy05 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Transcender or CCURE, which one do you guys think more closely resembles the test? I have been studying a ton, and have already took the Sybex practice exams. Looking to take some more practice exams but not sure which one to get....

Comments

• Options
    ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Transcender
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    CCCure, Transcender is a waste especially for CISSP. Goes WAAYYY too technical then what is needed.
  • Options
    coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used CCCure & two study guides and I passed (plus 10+ years in info/sec)

CCCure has some nice detail on the answers to help study.... a bit clunky interface & some of the references were of older gen study guides (that I did not have but it was all right there) but the price was right

never looked at transcender.

the love/hate of this exam is that is NOT into the technical details but you need to understand the technical concept to pass... sometimes we need to understand the detail to understand the concept
  • Options
    webpriestesswebpriestess Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi There!

I got my hands on a couple of exam engines, including the ones mentioned. I think CCCure is a great resource simply for the fact that the question library is wide and colorful. I also got the Transcender, but like Zzbloopzz mentioned - it is way too technical for this exam. Don't waste your money. One benefit of the Transcender is that they provide the interactive questions - which *DO* appear on the exams. I've always liked those - I find them easy and fun. Like a puzzle! :)

Another good alternative that is worth looking at is the Boson exam environment. They currently have a 15% coupon right now.

Best of luck!
    ::Claudia
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I did not find CCCure to be super useful. I like the Sybex free online ones that came with the book.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cccure isn't good, but transcender totally sucks. Used both in 2014 and 2015.
  • Options
    coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would like to point out, none of the practice questions from any source I used showed up on the actual exam...

You think out of all the 5 or 6 different sources I reviewed for practice questions, one would line up, have very similar wording... nope. nada. not one.

If you do not understand all the concepts in the outline, you will struggle