Options

Switch Exam Day Question

sikhops25sikhops25 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Im preparing to take the Switch exam in about 2-3 weeks. I have finished the OCG, INE videos, half-way done with Chris Bryant's Bulldog book, and Ive just begun to do labs and preparing to memorize commands. I wanted to know if you are able to tab out commands and if ios help is available in the simulations?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    sikhops25sikhops25 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    53 views and no one knows?
  • Options
    shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not sure if tab is available, I never got into the habit of using tab, thus I never use it.

Context sensitive help is available.
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    If I recall, ROUTE, SWITCH and TSHOOT all allow for the tab option on commands.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tab worked for me.
  • Options
    esr0159esr0159 Member Posts: 80 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tab works, but it doesn't show all of the possible commands whenever you use the real device.
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|
  • Options
    Sy KosysSy Kosys Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Scheduling mine for next week....I'm not sure if this can be answered and not violate any agreements.

My question is about the labs that are present on the exam. What types have been encountered? Such as, VTP or configuring HSRP, radius/dot1x authentication, etc... I feel pretty damn confident half the time, then get filled with doubt the rest of the time lol

Trying to settle my nerves here and fishing for some positivity :)

EDIT:
    Keith Barker and the 300-115 Hands-On Lab Prep vids FTMFW icon_thumright.gif
    After going thru the FLG/OCG and the CBT materials, it's nice to have these short and sweet targeted labs to bring it on home.
    Gonna beat this into submission, drill baby drill, and annihilate this exam.
    "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough.”
    ― Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
  • Options
    GwhizZGwhizZ Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wrote the Exam today past with 895, all i can say is you have to know your stuff with regards to dot1x,HSRP,LACP etc
    My previous post was removed, think i violated terms, my bad
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Thread is a few months old but let me put this for future people:
    Tab - Works
    ? - Works
    What are the labs like?
    I wont break NDA but your command limits are that of packet tracer. SH INT STATUS = Nope
    So expect to find your answers the right way but not the short hand way is all I can say.