Options

Radius proxy question?

Robbo777Robbo777 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm wondering how a radius proxy differentiates between certain groups I add to it?

So I add group1 for domain 1 with an address to a radius server and group2 for domain 2 and a address to another radius server, both groups have different domain names for them (obviously), but there doesn't seem to be anything popping out to me that says when some from domain 1 is logging in, they go to group1. How does the radius server know what domain needs to he sent to what "group"??

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Users will initially connect to your RAS Server and if you've configured authentication to be processed by RADIUS in the RRAS console it will forward the request to your NPS server which will then check to see whether or not the request will be processed by evaluating the *CONDITIONS* of the Connection Request Policy. You choose which RADIUS server group to forward authentication to in the settings of the Connection Request Policy. You would need to setup 2 separate Connection Request Policies, each with conditions that matched certain characteristics for the clients connecting from each domain and then specify which RADIUS server group the connection will be forwarded to. I hope that helps at least a little bit, it is kind of confusing at first.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    Robbo777Robbo777 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks, you helped quite a bit with that.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No problem, any time
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"