Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Well, given Cisco's timeline for this fiasco if it's the 29th and they promised the 30th, I say expect email on December 9th saying it will take a couple more weeks to send another email announcing delays.
    Today is the official delay announcement day. Let's get hype.
  • 9bits9bits Member Posts: 138 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Finally got the email from Cisco.

Congratulations on your acceptance to the Cisco Cybersecurity Scholarship Program! We're excited to have you aboard, and we're confident that by the time you complete this program, you'll have a valuable skill set in the world of cyber security that will allow you to tackle some of the most challenging problems today's corporations, institutions, and government facilities face.

Please keep in mind that you will need to dedicate a substantial amount of time to be successful in this course. Given your performance on the assessment and your certification background, we're confident that you'll be able live up to the challenges presented to you. At this time, we're going to require you to visit the following link and pay the administration tax of tree-fiddy in order to get started. Once you complete this quick step, our cybersecurity tour guide, Brian, who is a twelve story tall beast from the paleolithic era, will guide you in starting your Cisco Cybersecurity journey.

Best of luck!

-The Cisco Cybersecurity Team
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    9bits wrote: »

Congratulations on your acceptance to the Cisco Cybersecurity Scholarship Program! We're excited to have you aboard, and we're confident that by the time you complete this program, you'll have a valuable skill set in the world of cyber security that will allow you to tackle some of the most challenging problems today's corporations, institutions, and government facilities face.

Please keep in mind that you will need to dedicate a substantial amount of time to be successful in this course. Given your performance on the assessment and your certification background, we're confident that you'll be able live up to the challenges presented to you. At this time, we're going to require you to visit the following link and pay the administration tax of tree-fiddy in order to get started. Once you complete this quick step, our cybersecurity tour guide, Brian, who is a twelve story tall beast from the paleolithic era, will guide you in starting your Cisco Cybersecurity journey.

Best of luck!

Wow.Congrats...Nothing for me yet...

Best of luck!

Congrats man! It's good to know that more TE members got in there.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    ...icon_twisted.gif
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • MadManJamMadManJam Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□

Best of luck!

Soooo.....tree-fiddy???? When did Cisco gain a sense of humor??????
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□

Best of luck!

Lol. You're joking right?
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    9bits,

You may want to check where that email originated. Maybe fiddy cent or your friend. You might find him 'in da club, bottle full of bub....'

Congrats if this is the not the case. Maybe the person at Cisco was listening to some music...
    Yes, I was joking. I was trying to ***** everyone.

You won the internet.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    9bits is evil. Admins: please ban immediately icon_smile.gif
  • tphan3tphan3 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That could be made into a nice phishing attempt. People could be so excited that they do not notice the link could be actually from learnning@cisco.com. Well played! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    Anyone heard any chatter from their forum mods?
  • whoknewwhoknew Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□

Best of luck!

Been following this thread since I joined the site and THIS was the funniest thing I've read in months. I was accepted into the 1st round of scholarships and now I can NOT wait to meet Brian. Unless Brian stepping on you is a Cisco weed out tactic...in which case I CAN wait to meet Brian.
    Well played, 9bits....
    "I got a BAD feeling about this..."

What's Next: CISM, CompTIA CySA+ & PenTest+, OSCP, CCNP Security, GSEC, GPEN
    Hi All,

Due to the high volume of engagement with the scholarship program, a decision has been made to expand the number of individuals who will be accepted into the program for this round. As a result, we will be temporarily holding off on any further emails regarding acceptance and/or non-acceptance. The extended time will allow the scholarship team to review a significant amount of additional finalists (those that completed the final step form) for acceptance into the program.

We do not have an exact date as to when the notifications will be sent but it should happen by or before December 9. We know the anticipation is very high and if we receive any additional news/updates, we’ll be sure to notify you all. Please stay tuned for the email communication within the next several days.

Thank you all very much!

Regards
    Rigo
    Cisco Learning Network Moderator
  • tphan3tphan3 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Well, given Cisco's timeline for this fiasco if it's the 29th and they promised the 30th, I say expect email on December 9th saying it will take a couple more weeks to send another email announcing delays.

What you said is turning into reality. Cisco should hire you immediatelyicon_lol.gif
    Typical story......
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    THERE IT IS!!!! I knew it. What a stupid joke on Cisco's part. If I pulled this fiasco at my job I am sure I would be fired. At this point they are better served by saying "there's no date... big demand...looking into it... expect something soon... yadda yadda yadda". Seriously, how does a big company did not see this coming? It's not a secret that everyone and their mother want to get info security nowadays.

On their forum someone mentioned the first thing I learned in corporate America: under promise and over deliver.
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I actually wonder if they even have the curriculum developed. It's possible they were just gauging demand to see whether it was worth their while to build out a curriculum/courses.
  • rcsoar4funrcsoar4fun Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    With release dates like this Cisco should look into producing video games.
  • cisco4lifecisco4life Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rcsoar4fun wrote: »

Lol....we will find out when the new Zelda game is released!

Maybe DE will buy Cisco and create a Cisco in-house currency to use to buy Cisco products.

"We're sorry, IBM, but you do not have enough Ciscobucks in your account to purchase this upgrade."
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod

Hey as long as the delays don't reach Duke Nukem Forever levels, I'm ok with it icon_lol.gif
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I saw the word "rounds"..Sounds like there will be several groups of people be accepted at different times.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • d_masisd_masis Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cisco is really disappointing me, i was hoping to represent Africa on this. Oh well!!!!!!
    [FONT=&amp]I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often - Brian Tracy[/FONT]
  • d_masisd_masis Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how can they not expect a huge interest in this? seems to me like they not aware of their own influence and reach. 10 Mill USD is too little, they must put more money and stop toying with our emotions.
    [FONT=&amp]I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often - Brian Tracy[/FONT]
  • rob1234rob1234 Banned Posts: 151
    Guys if you want training and you want it now pay for it! You get what you pay for.
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    Ertaz wrote: »
    Hi All,

Due to the high volume of engagement with the scholarship program, a decision has been made to expand the number of individuals who will be accepted into the program for this round. As a result, we will be temporarily holding off on any further emails regarding acceptance and/or non-acceptance. The extended time will allow the scholarship team to review a significant amount of additional finalists (those that completed the final step form) for acceptance into the program.

We do not have an exact date as to when the notifications will be sent but it should happen by or before December 9. We know the anticipation is very high and if we receive any additional news/updates, we’ll be sure to notify you all. Please stay tuned for the email communication within the next several days.

Thank you all very much!

Regards
    Rigo
    Cisco Learning Network Moderator

Sounds good!:)
  • rcsoar4funrcsoar4fun Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Maybe DE will buy Cisco and create a Cisco in-house currency to use to buy Cisco products.

"We're sorry, IBM, but you do not have enough Ciscobucks in your account to purchase this upgrade."

Totally read that in a Carl's Jr machine voice.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Thread's too long, so here you go.

TL;DR
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just received the official Cisco acceptance email a few minutes ago. I have been added to the second cohort starting in March 2017.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me