Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• wolf9081wolf9081 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just got the acceptance for the second cohort also. Beginning in March 2017. I am a vet without any cisco certifications.
  • tphan3tphan3 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    stryder144 wrote: »
    Just received the official Cisco acceptance email a few minutes ago. I have been added to the second cohort starting in March 2017.

Did you really? Congratulations. Do you mind posting what Cisco said in the email? Thank you.
  • wolf9081wolf9081 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□

[h=1]Dear
    Howard,
    [/h]

Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global
    Cybersecurity Scholarship. We're glad you have decided to take part in this
    life-changing opportunity to become valued partners in protecting the internet
    from hackers and other criminals. We have filled the first 90 day program
    (cohort) which has already started and ends in March. You have been selected to
    be in the second cohort which should start mid or late March 2017.

We will be sending you information on the exact date range you will start the
    Cybersecurity Scholarship program by the end of February, along with next
    steps. Cisco looks forward to working with you to help expand your career
    opportunities. Our certifications are recognized throughout the IT world for
    their quality and depth. Thanks again for your interest in becoming part of an
    elite team.

If you have any questions, please contact us at: [EMAIL="support@t2000inc.zendesk.com?subject=Cisco%20Cybersecurity%20Scholarship"]support@t2000inc.zendesk.com[/EMAIL].

Congratulations on your acceptance into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity
    Scholarship Program!

[EMAIL="Learning@Cisco"]Learning@Cisco[/EMAIL]
  • tphan3tphan3 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What did you guys score on the assessment?
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Praise Cisco Jesus! I'm in for the March class which works out well. I wasn't ready =)
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks like I was accepted into the second wave in March. I hope by then they can iron out stuff a bit more.
  • rcsoar4funrcsoar4fun Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was starting to get bummed seeing everyone else get accepted. Then I checked my spam folder.

Turns out I got the hookup from this dude overseas. I have to send him a check, but in a couple of weeks I am going to be rich. Who knew princes in Nigeria were so nice!?!?!?!

So long suckers, good luck with your Cisco studies. icon_cheers.gif

j/k, looks like I got squat.
  • devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got my email for the second wave too.
    Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We're glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become valued partners in protecting the internet from hackers and other criminals. We have filled the first 90 day program (cohort) which has already started and ends in March. You have been selected to be in the second cohort which should start mid or late March 2017.

We will be sending you information on the exact date range you will start the Cybersecurity Scholarship program by the end of February, along with next steps. Cisco looks forward to working with you to help expand your career opportunities. Our certifications are recognized throughout the IT world for their quality and depth. Thanks again for your interest in becoming part of an elite team.
    Did anyone get in the first cohort?
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I did. Waiting for the 2nd email to start training...
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • BosskBossk Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got in for March as well! Had pretty much given up hope. Veteran w/ CCNA:RS and CCNA:S, more than 5 years in the industry. If memory serves me, got 27 out of 30 on the assessment.
  • ArmyCyberArmyCyber Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just received the March (2nd) cohort acceptance email.

I am military with a couple certs, scored 27 on the assessment. Looking very much forward to this. March time works perfect for me, 1st cohort this late in the game was impossible. icon_cheers.gif
  • dabooladaboola Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just received the official Cisco acceptance email a few minutes ago. I have been added to the second cohort starting in March 2017.
  • Rumblr33Rumblr33 Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations to everyone accepted into the program. I was accepted into the program for the March Cohort, which works really well for me since I am completing the MSISA program at Norwich University and this will be during my second to last class. I can't wait and I am excited to see how this will help my career progression. Again, congratulations and good luck.
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 896 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ArmyCyber wrote: »
    Just received the March (2nd) cohort acceptance email.

I am military with a couple certs, scored 27 on the assessment. Looking very much forward to this. March time works perfect for me, 1st cohort this late in the game was impossible. icon_cheers.gif

just got the acceptance email too. Checked off on the military box as well. Not even upset by the March date since I've got other short term goals cert wise.
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats everyone. Sounds like some good news. No email for me yet. I wonder how far out they plan on scheduling people?
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    No email for me either
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No mails till now... 😥
  • Abdullah.AAAbdullah.AA Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sheiky wrote: »
    No mails till now... 
    CIO wrote: »
    No email for me either

alias454 wrote: »
    Congrats everyone. Sounds like some good news. No email for me yet. I wonder how far out they plan on scheduling people?

eww there there
    e814335a376ac69d2de1a92463352a8a.jpg
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Aww thanks ;)
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • ArmyCyberArmyCyber Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much for your interest in the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship program. We have received an overwhelming number of applicants and have now filled all spots for the first year of the program. We will reopen registration again in 2018. Please bookmark this website and check back to apply.

Sorry everyone else. :/ looks like that might be it

https://mkto.cisco.com/Security-Scholarship.html
    I'm curious to see if any non ex military got denied? are they pushing for the DoD 8570.01?
    Reading
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    ArmyCyber wrote: »
    have now filled all spots for the first year of the program. We will reopen registration again in 2018

Sounds like they will have 2 more rounds of offers for mid year and late 2017.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • SmilymarcoSmilymarco Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A female friend of mine got accepted for round 2... i'm still waiting for a message. We had the same score, checked the same boxes on the last question. (except the male/female ;) )
    So i guess females have an advantage.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    No anything for me. Weird. I would hav expected a denial by now.
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    I believe it's really on first come first serve basis. I came to know about it later than most people here, so I guess I won't be hearing anything soon. So I'll be back to my usual study for now.
  • globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got my acceptance yesterday as well, for the March 2017 group. Hopefully the timing works out, as I am aiming for SANS GCIH in Baltimore in April. Might have a lot of security training on my plate for the spring!

As far as stats, I'm a veteran with 1 year of IT experience, a few months of security experience, and an 84 or something on the assessment. I'm not really sure what the selection criteria was.
    Military or female, if you are both you are sent the certification in the mail.
    Reading
  • MagniciousMagnicious Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am Air Force and I got my email today. I hold a CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA, Bachleor's in IT: Network Admin, Master's in MSISA, Sec+, Net+ and VCP. I'm not a cert hoarder I just went through two WGU degrees, lol.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I am in the first cohort.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • bc901bc901 Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    coffeeluvr wrote: »
    I am in the first cohort.

What has been your experience so far?