Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you got the same email I did, I'm pretty sure it means that the soonest the next cohort will start is after June of 2017.
  • 9bits9bits Member Posts: 138 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you got the same email I did, I'm pretty sure it means that the soonest the next cohort will start is after June of 2017.

That was my impression
  • illmatic73illmatic73 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got accepted as well. :D
  • hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    Same for me ☺️
    Dear Lee,
    Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We're glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become a valued partner in protecting the internet from hackers and other criminals. We have filled the first two programs (cohorts) until the end of June 2017. You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort. We will get back to you by Friday, January 6th with additional information. Please be patient and wait to hear from us at that time.
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Me too! Finally I can stop checking on this thread icon_cool.gif
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • JubeiYagaruJubeiYagaru Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Seems quite a few actually got accepted after being disappointed in not seeing an email a few weeks ago.

Got my email by the way, After June 2017, etc..
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Accepted into the 3rd cohort! That timing is actually much better for me too. Will be attempting CISA & CISM in the first testing window that runs May 1st - June 30th. Male, non-vet and scored 27/30 on the exam.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • muneebkalathilmuneebkalathil Member Posts: 148
    Accepted. Same message wait till Jan 6.India | less than 5 yrs | MCSE, LFCS .:D
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is really strange, but I got rejected last week and then accepted this week! WTH I'm not sure which one to believe. I hope the last one is right because I'm super-excited about it!!
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Delete the rejection email. lol
  • superbeastsuperbeast Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got my acceptance e-mail as well. Male, non-vet, less than 5 years exp, scored 23.75/30 on assessment.

Looking forward to this day so much!
  • BerkshireHerdBerkshireHerd Member Posts: 185
    Got mine as well,

Male non vet CCENT, S+, less than 3 years, scored in the low 20's on assesment.
    Identity & Access Manager // B.A - Marshall University 2005
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    This is starting to sound like they said "ahh, forget it! accept'em ALL so we can go on holiday!"
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Delete the rejection email. lol

I did. It must have worked. Didn't know it was so easy. :)
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    This is starting to sound like they said "ahh, forget it! accept'em ALL so we can go on holiday!"

I'm honestly surprised they put a hard target date on these latest acceptance emails. I figured they'd have learned by now and would have left it off.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,233 ■■■■■■■■■■

Cisco was either feeling the Christmas spirit or Cisco knows most people will not complete the program. :)
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • techsecuritytechsecurity Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think we need to create a study group very soon and cyberguypr should probably be able to guess the exam questions as well. :)
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Got accepted for the 2019 class!
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    i also have not heard anything since that Final email

well, I was about to call this whole thing a farce, but today I got my acceptance. So clearly this is legit and on the up and up
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got an acceptance email for March however a coworker got a rejection letter.
  • gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    After all my bickering I also just got the acceptance.

"You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort. We will get back to you by Friday, January 6th with additional information. Please be patient and wait to hear from us at that time."

I will be anxiously awaiting communication on January 6th. NOT!!!
    Same here.
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
  • CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    OMG i got accepted
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    LOL. Got a denial letter on Friday, then I got an acceptance letter for June 2017 today. SMH. I will take whatever I can get.
  • CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got accepted for the third cohort! This is perfect timing for me because I'll be studying the CCNA:Sec for WGU before that time.
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got the acceptance email today. All the best guys...
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I also got the acceptance email today for the third cohort.
  • neonmanneonman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got accepted into the June round as well. Best of luck to all.
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Still no email :'(
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Bjcheung77Bjcheung77 Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks OP! Wowzah! I got accepted also to the third cohort. Hope you guys get it too...
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks to this web page!! I'm accepted for June!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"