Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• esr0159esr0159 Member Posts: 80 ■□□□□□□□□□
    still no email (rejection or acceptance)
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Rejected!!

Email came from Tech 2000 Inc in Herndon, VA NOT Cisco.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Same here, no email one way or the other.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • NEODREAMNEODREAM Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Received no reply since July about whether I had been accepted OR rejected until day. Looks like I will be a part of the June 2017 cohort.
    Goal: eJPT Mar. 2020 | GDAT May 2020 | eCPPT Dec. 2020
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Got my acceptance email today!
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    OctalDump wrote: »
    Still no email :'(

How about sending their helpdesk to check?
  • roger101roger101 Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got the acceptance email yesterday.. There will be another mail by Friday, January 6th with additional information.
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    chopsticks wrote: »
    How about sending their helpdesk to check?

Yes, I did this about 2pm Cisco time. I suspect they might have got dozens of emails today with the same question since they said to email if you hadn't heard by Monday.

As they say "No news is... pretty standard for Cisco at this point" ;)
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • ekoplexekoplex Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also got the acceptance email today, so will we only get the course work after June then?
  • Moh Al-WabMoh Al-Wab Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there, does anyone have the links to the Cyber Security study group?
    I want to see the discussions of those who are in the first cohort, I want to know what the training
    looks like.
  • Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
    "Congratulations! You have been accepted into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship. We're glad you have decided to take part in this life-changing opportunity to become a valued partner in protecting the internet from hackers and other criminals. We have filled the first two programs (cohorts) until the end of June 2017. You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort. We will get back to you by Friday, January 6th with additional information. Please be patient and wait to hear from us at that time.

While you are waiting, check out general information on Cybersecurity on the Cisco Learning Network. We look forward to working with you to help expand your career opportunities. Our certifications are recognized throughout the IT world for their quality and depth. Thanks again for your interest in becoming part of an elite team.

If you have any questions, please contact us at: support@t2000inc.zendesk.com.

Congratulations on your acceptance into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship.

Learning@Cisco"
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • RitualRitual Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So looks like EVERYONE got accepted.

BUT

It doesn't open until six months from now. I like how they sent out rejection emails and then sent out acceptance emails almost in the same breath. This whole thing has been pretty amateur.

It's a pre-recorded online class, just let everyone jump in and start when they want. *facepalm*
    2016 goals - eJPT, MCSA Windows 10, something Linux
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    You get an acceptance letter, you get an acceptance letter, YOU ALL GET A ACCEPTANCE LETTER!!!
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • hinsdahl00hinsdahl00 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Received my acceptance email for the third cohort last night.

I'm actually happy for the delay, I either wanted to start right now or wait until summer due to work and other certs I'm studying for.
  • tphan3tphan3 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ritual wrote: »
    So looks like EVERYONE got accepted.

BUT

It doesn't open until six months from now. I like how they sent out rejection emails and then sent out acceptance emails almost in the same breath. This whole thing has been pretty amateur.

It's a pre-recorded online class, just let everyone jump in and start when they want. *facepalm*

Or the people on techexams only represent a small amount of the 50,000 applications Cisco received. It looks like everyone on this forum got accepted, but if you count the number of people who reported the acceptance, it would be less than 100. Let's face it, we are pretty decent in terms of knowledge that we are willing to participate in this forum :)
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    It was me. I called them and gave the order to accept everyone form TE who applied, except OctalDump icon_smile.gif

BTW OctalDump, any update?
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Haven't seen anything from Cisco since 10/23 about this program (The final step email). The dreams of receiving an acceptance letter has sailed away a long time ago now... I just want to see a rejection letter, I got a feeling they lost my email address and receiving a rejection letter is even a stretch though.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Haven't seen anything from Cisco since 10/23 about this program (The final step email). The dreams of receiving an acceptance letter has sailed away a long time ago now... I just want to see a rejection letter, I got a feeling they lost my email address and receiving a rejection letter is even a stretch though.

I got mine yesterday. A buddy got his today. They are staggering them. I believe that if you got the final step email you are likely in. You can create a ticket with Cisco learning to find out your status.
  • ProAm500ProAm500 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also got accepted for June cohort. Perfect timing after my semester ends.
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    It was me. I called them and gave the order to accept everyone form TE who applied, except OctalDump icon_smile.gif

BTW OctalDump, any update?
    Apparently I am on the naughty list too since I still haven't heard anything
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got an acceptance email yesterday for the June one also. I only have Network+, I can't remember my assessment score but I think I got above an 80%.
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
  • closclos Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yes me too, all of learning cisco emails were kind of hidden, but the good thing is that I noticed that since the first email they sent out, I just did a search on my on for learning@cisco and I noticed the emails would come out, they were not under spam or promos. Weird

All it matters is that I got my acceptance letter 12-12-16 for June woooohoooo!!!!!
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap, just got the congrats email saying I got accepted to the June one.

edit: wait a minute, the exact wording is "We have filled the first two programs (cohorts) until the end of June 2017. You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort."

Let's just say I won't be holding my breath for it to start in July.
  • xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    I'm really surprised that this cert is the number one topic on TechExams
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
    I'm really surprised that this cert is the number one topic on TechExams

Well, top IT companies don't usually give out free exams to their certifications. Combine that it is in security, it is gonna attract alot of attention!
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap, just got the congrats email saying I got accepted to the June one.

edit: wait a minute, the exact wording is "We have filled the first two programs (cohorts) until the end of June 2017. You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort."

Bruh. Champagne and smoking jackets all around.
  • GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□

I figured if they let me in, you'd get it. Watch Cisco say after the first 2 cohorts it's too hard to do this and drop the program. I'm not holding my breath either, but on the other hand if it happens...I'm excited.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I hope with this thing, a lot of people will take it and give their experiences. I'd love for it to become a solid, reputable certification. I'll take it without the scholarship if it becomes something like that. If it's just "another" cert just with the Cisco name, I'll pass. I'm hoping it's the former. Sounds like a nice cert! I'd love to take it.

Hopefully, some study materials are released and I can study on my own soon.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    According to Amazon, the official Cisco Press books will drop in April and May.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me