Options

Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• Options
    GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks Geeky Chicken, will enroll as soon as I get some downtime.

You're welcome Triple X Boy. :D

Cracking up about the Geeky Chicken. Why did the Geeky Chicken cross the road? .... To get to the other side of your firewall.
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks GeekyChick !!! Although I do not think I would need it. I can look when/if I have some cycles :) I must relearn what I have lost in the ways of the Cisco and master the force of Cisco questions and answers before I end up on the dark side of packets.

I have been accepted as well with the :"You have been accepted into the Cybersecurity Program, but we don’t have the dates identified yet on when you will start your cohort. We will get back to you by Friday, January 6th with additional information. Please be patient and wait to hear from us at that time."
    ...which is good to know since I have head my head buried in work, holidays, and other certs.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I do not believe they will have everyone scheduled out by the 6th. We shall see.
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    OctalDump wrote: »
    From the Cisco forums:

You should visit this website Support Home Page Support Home Page, login using your account information (if you don't have one, create one).Click on *Contact Certification Support* provide your personal info, type your issue then at +Product+ select Cybersecurity Scholarship Program. Typically the support responds within a day.

I got around to submitting a ticket and found out I was accepted via their support site. Problem is, I don't have any clue about a start date or anything of that nature.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    d_masisd_masis Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Happy New Year everyone!!!

I'm in South Africa and got accepted as well, patiently waiting for the 6th. Network security is a rare skill this side and as a result, it pays big time, I can not wait to begin.

Somebody, please let us know as soon as you hear something.......
    [FONT=&amp]I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often - Brian Tracy[/FONT]
  • Options
    I also have doubts about that date. They didn't plan the whole thing properly.
    Ertaz wrote: »
    I do not believe they will have everyone scheduled out by the 6th. We shall see.
    [FONT=&amp]I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often - Brian Tracy[/FONT]
  • Options
    RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    d_masis wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone!!!

I'm in South Africa and got accepted as well, patiently waiting for the 6th. Network security is a rare skill this side and as a result, it pays big time, I can not wait to begin.

Somebody, please let us know as soon as you hear something.......
    Don;t worry you'll get email from cisco.
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ypark wrote: »
    What do you know!? I just did search in my Gmail for "zendesk" and I have the same email dated Dec 12th!! All this time, I thought I didn't make it.

Thanks yddhidhtir for sharing!

Hehe :) Congrats!
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I am done with the first part of training. Waiting for the second phase to start (SECOPS) on January 15th. Will go back and tune up on TCP/IP while waiting..icon_study.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    I am done with the first part of training. Waiting for the second phase to start (SECOPS) on January 15th. Will go back and tune up on TCP/IP while waiting..icon_study.gif

Do you like what you've seen so far?
  • Options
    It is okay. The labs take forever to get into. The mentors are helpful.
  • Options
    That's good to hear, you're pushing hard!

How the whole course delivered? is it all online?

It is okay. The labs take forever to get into. The mentors are helpful.
  • Options
    all online..
  • Options
    It's the long waited 6th of Jan 2017icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    9bits9bits Member Posts: 138 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just got an email from Cisco. It says my approximate start date is December 28th, 2017. Lol
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I am just surprised they replied by the date they said they would. Seems like they finally learned a thing or two.

Dear CyberGuyPR,

Congratulations again on your acceptance into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship program. As promised in the acceptance email that we sent you recently, we would like to inform you of when your 90-day class (or cohort) for the program will begin. Your approximate starting date is April 2, 2018 and the end date is July 2, 2018.

We must stress to you that the date range that we have provided here is approximate. As we work currently with the first cohorts admitted into the scholarship program, we are responding to new developments and adjusting accordingly. These developments may influence your start date.

We will inform you should there be a shift in your start date. In addition, we will be in contact with you one week prior to your start date to provide you with an information packet about getting started. Please contact support@t2000inc.zendesk.com only if your contact email address changes between now and a week prior to your start date; or if you are no longer interested in participating in the Cybersecurity Scholarship program. The support desk will not be monitoring the responses except with key words “change my email address” or “no longer interested.”

Please keep in mind over 10,000 students have been admitted until July of 2018. Consequently, each class is filled and so we will not be taking requests for changes of class start dates until a week prior to your class on a case-by-case basis. Our selection for class start dates was completed at random.

Thank you for your ongoing patience as we seek to increase the cybersecurity talent pool of certified professionals. We look forward to your participation in the scholarship program! Again, we will contact you a week before your class start date.

Kind regards,
    Learning@Cisco

• Options
    AzerialAzerial Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations again on your acceptance into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship program. As promised in the acceptance email that we sent you recently, we would like to inform you of when your 90-day class (or cohort) for the program will begin. Your approximate starting date is July 6, 2018 and the end date is October 6, 2018.

Seems a bit far out... lol
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,006 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I rec'd the same email...2018?? WTF?
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    "Your approximate starting date is June 20, 2017 and the end date is September 20, 2017."

Just received that email with said date above icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    NutsacjacNutsacjac Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got an email when my course starts:
    Congratulations again on your acceptance into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship program. As promised in the acceptance email that we sent you recently, we would like to inform you of when your 90-day class (or cohort) for the program will begin. Your approximate starting date is June 20, 2017 and the end date is September 20, 2017.

We must stress to you that the date range that we have provided here is approximate. As we work currently with the first cohorts admitted into the scholarship program, we are responding to new developments and adjusting accordingly. These developments may influence your start date.

Interesting.
  • Options
    KenhuntKenhunt Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just got an email saying my start date is July 6th 2018 . I just finished the CCNA 1 & 2 at the Netacad and Im about to start 3 & 4 in 2 weeks so I have plenty of time to strengthen my skills and finish my classes.
  • Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    6th July 2018 for me ;)

Least i can get my CCNP out the way!
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I guess cyberguypr and I are starting on the same time.

I am starting the GCIH and hopefully I will have some breathing time.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Your approximate starting date is December 28, 2017and the end date is March 28, 2018.

Cool, I have more time to study for other things than I planned for. Can't really complain about a free program.
  • Options
    johny123johny123 Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just received:
    "Your approximate starting date is September 24, 2017 and the end date is December 24, 2017."

Seems I'm the only one in this cohort so far :P
  • Options
    I got lucky:

Congratulations again on your acceptance into the Cisco Global Cybersecurity Scholarship program. As promised in the acceptance email that we sent you recently, we would like to inform you of when your 90-day class (or cohort) for the program will begin. Your approximate starting date is June 20, 2017 and the end date is September 20, 2017.
  • Options
    fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Your approximate starting date is December 28, 2017and the end date is March 28, 2018.

Cool, I have more time to study for other things than I planned for. Can't really complain about a free program.

We ended up in the same block "Your approximate starting date is December 28, 2017 and the end date is March 28, 2018.". Guess I was lucky , another guy at work got a start date of July 2018.

But that's a good thing because I know nothing about Cisco, so I will hit a couple of books at the end of the year.
  • Options
    CSCOnoobCSCOnoob Member Posts: 120
    "Your approximate starting date is April 2, 2018 and the end date is July 2, 2018"

1 - cyberguypr
    2 - bigdogz
    3 - CSCOnoob
  • Options
    GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yay!!! I got March 15-June 15, 2017. I had to go double-check the year again. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your approximate starting date is July 6, 2018 and the end date is October 6, 2018.

I thought this was a typo, lol. That is 18-20 months out.

...Okay...
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)