Options

Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I'm 95% sure i will not go through the program as it will overlap with the start of my doctorate. I was really hoping to accommodate it this year. Oh well!
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    According to the email 10,000 students have been admitted until July of 2018. I do not think that their infrastructure can take everyone simultaneously.

.... this is not the 1st time I have been admitted. At least this program does not come with a free jacket that ties in the back. ;)
  • Options
    RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GeekyChick wrote: »
    Yay!!! I got March 15-June 15, 2017. I had to go double-check the year again. icon_lol.gif
    You are at my group. After reading the posts here I also had to go and rechecked the year lol
  • Options
    globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Replicon wrote: »
    You are at my group. After reading the posts here I also had to go and rechecked the year lol

I'm also in this group. Looks like it'll be a snug fit with it and GCIH happening at the same time, but can't complain!
  • Options
    PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got December 2017, I wonder if I can do that an WGU at the same time...
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Your approximate starting date is September 24, 2017 and the end date is December 24, 2017

Wow! The email came on time! Good work Cisco.

So the dates of cohorts so far in this thread are:

Current cohort November 2016 to late Jan/ early Feb?
    2nd? cohort to early March??? - not sure about this since it doesn't seem like it will fit 90 days between 1st cohort and the March 15 start date.

March 15 - June 15, 2017
    June 20 - September 20, 2017
    September 24 - December 24, 2017
    December 28 2017 - March 28, 2018
    April 2 - July 2, 2018
    July 6 - October 6, 2018

It looks like the limiting factor on the program is the availability of mentors ie actual humans to help with study.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    techsecuritytechsecurity Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey,

Mail was on time and I am in the June 20, 2017 cohort. If anyone is interested we can make a study group or something. Good luck to all.
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ya I got the april 2nd 2018 email. That is a long way out.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've got "Your approximate starting date is June 20, 2017 and the end date is September 20, 2017."
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Your approximate starting date is December 28, 2017and the end date is March 28, 2018.

Cool, I have more time to study for other things than I planned for. Can't really complain about a free program.

Yup. I'm in the December 2017 cohort too. Good timing for me.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Yup. I'm in the December 2017 cohort too. Good timing for me.

Me too... I'm hoping that I'll be wrapping up my grad program when this cohort starts though.

I wonder if we should start individual cohort threads in one of the sub-forums? That way we can all get to know one another ahead of time, and perhaps start a course of study ahead of time.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    ITSECEXPITSECEXP Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mine is July 6 - October 6, 2018 icon_sad.gif, Its long wait
  • Options
    chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    johny123 wrote: »
    Just received:
    "Your approximate starting date is September 24, 2017 and the end date is December 24, 2017."

Seems I'm the only one in this cohort so far :P

You are not alone, I'm in this cohort too. :)

"Your approximate starting date is September 24, 2017 and the end date is December 24, 2017."
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    dmoore44 wrote: »
    Me too... I'm hoping that I'll be wrapping up my grad program when this cohort starts though.

I wonder if we should start individual cohort threads in one of the sub-forums? That way we can all get to know one another ahead of time, and perhaps start a course of study ahead of time.

That would be a good idea. Probably in the CCNA Security sub-forum.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    KoldKold Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Add me to the 9/24/17 group.
  • Options
    SmilymarcoSmilymarco Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Your approximate starting date is April 2, 2018 and the end date is July 2, 2018.
    Dont know what to say... on one side i'm very happy that i made it into the programm.... on the other side... 2018???
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    OctalDump wrote: »
    From the Cisco forums:

You should visit this website Support Home Page Support Home Page, login using your account information (if you don't have one, create one).Click on *Contact Certification Support* provide your personal info, type your issue then at +Product+ select Cybersecurity Scholarship Program. Typically the support responds within a day.

Thanks OctalDump!! I opened a case with Cisco... I will keep you guys posted on the results.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    July 6, 2018 and the end date is October 6, 2018.

Well, I guess I have no excuse to put off my CCNP studies now.
  • Options
    chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    Kold wrote: »
    Add me to the 9/24/17 group.

So far 24 Sep 2017 Cohort has:

1. johny123
    2. Kold
    3. chopsticks
  • Options
    illmatic73illmatic73 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Your approximate starting date is December 28, 2017and the end date is March 28, 2018.

Cool, I have more time to study for other things than I planned for. Can't really complain about a free program.

I'm in this one as well. :)
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Im on the June 20 date.
    I should be done with gsec by then. I look forward seeing whats up with the new cert. Always like stuff like this.
    meh
  • Options
    8thdegreepwnologist8thdegreepwnologist Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    December 28th for me
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    June 2017 for me.
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Smilymarco wrote: »
    Your approximate starting date is April 2, 2018 and the end date is July 2, 2018.
    Dont know what to say... on one side i'm very happy that i made it into the programm.... on the other side... 2018???

That was my initial reaction too then I thought about it for a minute. It's only a year and a few months away so it should fly by pretty quickly if 2017 is anything like 2016 was. Congrats.

Anyone else besides us accepted for this cohort?
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    d_masisd_masis Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i am on the same cohort!

alias454 wrote: »
    That was my initial reaction too then I thought about it for a minute. It's only a year and a few months away so it should fly by pretty quickly if 2017 is anything like 2016 was. Congrats.

Anyone else besides us accepted for this cohort?
    [FONT=&amp]I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often - Brian Tracy[/FONT]
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So who all is in the March 2017 group?
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Mooseboost wrote: »

That's where I am. Funny enough I missed the email the first time it was sent and had been eyeballing the CCNA Security, so at the moment I'm taking CCENT though Cisco's ondemand platform. Trying to finish it before the CCNA Cyber Ops now.
  • Options
    GeekyChickGeekyChick Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mooseboost wrote: »

I'm in the March one.
  • Options
    DeltrusDeltrus Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ITSECEXP wrote: »
    Mine is July 6 - October 6, 2018 icon_sad.gif, Its long wait

Ditto! icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□