Options

Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• Options
    neonmanneonman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hodgey87 wrote: »
    Had another email this morning, I've been moved from 2018 intake to starting in a couple of weeks:

I'm starting the same date. Was originally down to start Dec 2017. Looking forward to it starting in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm starting September 24th as well, originally was mid/late 2018. Maybe we could start a discord or have a channel for this specifically added if there's already a techexam one.
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • Options
    PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got an email with a survey to see what cohort I wanted to be in so I requested the September one, I am really hoping to move it up because I really think it would help with my job search. They said I won't hear back until the 18th so we'll see!
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
  • Options
    tech4lyfetech4lyfe Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was originally the start date of april 2018, but just got an email stating I was moved up to sept 24th of this month. For those of you who have gone through the course already, I have a few questions: 1.) Are you mailed any hard copy books for study? (just a personal preference of mine) and 2.) How hard was the exam(s) after studying 10-20 hours a week for the whole time of the course?
  • Options
    tech4lyfetech4lyfe Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tech4lyfe wrote: »
    I was originally the start date of april 2018, but just got an email stating I was moved up to sept 24th of this month. For those of you who have gone through the course already, I have a few questions: 1.) Are you mailed any hard copy books for study? (just a personal preference of mine) and 2.) How hard was the exam(s) after studying 10-20 hours a week for the whole time of the course?

And, if you fail the test the first time, I'm assuming you'd have to pay to retake it?
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tech4lyfe wrote: »
    And, if you fail the test the first time, I'm assuming you'd have to pay to retake it?

If you score high enough but still fail (800+) you can ask for another one.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    stryder144 wrote: »
    If you score high enough but still fail (800+) you can ask for another one.

When did that become a requirement? Last I read you could have up to 3 retries.
  • Options
    CIOCIO Member Posts: 151
    So it appears that i was moved up to the 24th of September as well :)
  • Options
    PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got moved up to the 24th of September. This will help me with my job search that will be starting in January! I am so excited to start and I am just about to hit the 12 OTP credits for WGU so I can put that on the back burner while I go after this.
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
  • Options
    xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    By way of information, I received an email on Sep. 9th giving me one chance to change my cohort. I chose the same one I was originally signed up for.

I got another email today which confirms what others have said about how participants are now given 4 months to finish the program instead of 3:

We received a large number of responses from our students in the last week and are reaching out to everyone to confirm their cohort and contact information. Our records now indicate that you are enrolled in:

Cohort 5 which officially starts on December 28, 2017 and ends on April 28, 2018*.

As we approach your start date we will contact you with directions on how to access materials and your mentors. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns please visit www.cisco.com/go/certsupport to request assistance.

Thank you,
    Learning@Cisco

*You may have noticed that the end dates for the cohort
    has changed. This is a recent development as we strive to continuously improve the program.
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
  • Options
    NEODREAMNEODREAM Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just received my confirmation email today as well:

Cohort 6 which officially starts on April 2, 2018 and ends on August 2, 2018*.
    Goal: eJPT Mar. 2020 | GDAT May 2020 | eCPPT Dec. 2020
  • Options
    fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does anybody know if they'll open the scholarship program back up?
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fabostrong wrote: »
    Does anybody know if they'll open the scholarship program back up?
    I would guess that once they get everything settled (all the people changing start times right now), they'll open it back up to fill in the remaining spots.
  • Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    Had an "early bird access" email earlier this morning. Registered my account .... Looking forward to this!
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am in the July 2018 - Nov 2018 Cohort
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Had an "early bird access" email earlier this morning. Registered my account .... Looking forward to this!

When did you sign up for this?
  • Options
    MdaudMdaud Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is really good opportunity. Thanks to CISCO
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jdancer wrote: »
    Well, passed with 930/1000 in 210-250 SECFND.

Network Concepts 88%
    Security Concepts 100%
    Cryptography 75%
    Host-Based Analysis 100%
    Security Monitoring 100%
    Attack Methods 79%

I blame ambiguous wording for not getting a higher score. Seems to be a Cisco tradition.

Going to make sure I understand the exam objectives for the 210-255 SECOPS since it seems to be an unforgiving exam.

Passed 210-255 SECOPS, so now officially CCNA CyberOps certified. Make sure you read those NIST documents front to back completely.
  • Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jdancer wrote: »
    Passed 210-255 SECOPS, so now officially CCNA CyberOps certified. .

Congrats :)
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• Options
    NuclearBeavisNuclearBeavis Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So this thread pops up in my searches from time to time. Thought I'd ask if anyone has successfully moved cohorts after starting?
  • Options
    technogoattechnogoat Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are they still allowing people to sign up for scholarships?

I'm very interested since I want to head into infosec
  • Options
    SnooperSnooper Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was hoping that cisco would be offering first shot to cisco security cert holders like ccna (security) ccnp security etc. but does not seem to be the case.
    So how is this thing supposed to work? We register ourselves with email address and wait till registration opens up?
  • Options
    Giv2Giv2 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just saw the thread. Can we still sign up for scholarships?
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    So this thread pops up in my searches from time to time. Thought I'd ask if anyone has successfully moved cohorts after starting?

I switched cohorts just now. I was supposed to be in the next one, responded to their survey prior to this one and got moved up. Too much is going on in work/life and I also don't feel motivated right now, so submitted a request and heard back yesterday I was moved to April cohort.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    NuclearBeavisNuclearBeavis Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    I switched cohorts just now. I was supposed to be in the next one, responded to their survey prior to this one and got moved up. Too much is going on in work/life and I also don't feel motivated right now, so submitted a request and heard back yesterday I was moved to April cohort.

Thanks. Good to know they don't make it too difficult.
  • Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    How is everyone getting on? I’ve completed SECFND, just waiting for the exam voucher to come through ... hoping to have it scheduled over the next few weeks.
  • Options
    RollTideNDRollTideND Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. Good to know they don't make it too difficult.

I also changed cohorts. I was originally scheduled for Q1 or Q2 2017, can't remember, and asked to be pushed to one of the later dates. I ended up starting 09/24/17 and am enjoying it.
    Earned: BS Mgmt/CIS (Park University), CISSP, GCIH, CEH, Security+, Network+, A+, Project+, CSIS, CIOS, MTA 98-365
    Current: WGU MSCIA - Risk Management, Cyberwarfare, and Cyber Law
    Next Up: WGU MSCIA - Other Courses TBD, CHFI, CCNA R&S
  • Options
    RollTideNDRollTideND Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How is everyone getting on? I’ve completed SECFND, just waiting for the exam voucher to come through ... hoping to have it scheduled over the next few weeks.

I am about halfway through SECFND and am taking it pretty slow and methodical. I have some other goals in life I'm working on right now (strength training, church stuff, family stuff, etc.) so I am not rushing through the material.

It's really good material, better than I thought it would be. It's very high-quality so far in my opinion. I've heard SECOPS is the real beast so we'll have to see how the material is for that one when we get there.
    Earned: BS Mgmt/CIS (Park University), CISSP, GCIH, CEH, Security+, Network+, A+, Project+, CSIS, CIOS, MTA 98-365
    Current: WGU MSCIA - Risk Management, Cyberwarfare, and Cyber Law
    Next Up: WGU MSCIA - Other Courses TBD, CHFI, CCNA R&S
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I signed up to be notified for the next opening. Any ideas when that may be?
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    RollTideND wrote: »
    I've heard SECOPS is the real beast ...
    It's not. I know few more demanding exams but you really have to know your stuff. There is no space for mistakes
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore