Options

Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    It's a great opportunity that will definitely help lots of people.

Especially the labs which is good for people to get some hands on testing with tools etc all in all even if you don't take the exam you'll still learn something
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Anyone who is actively doing this now, what kind of weekly time commitment are you putting towards the course? Trying to see if I can fit it in.
  • Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    Anyone who is actively doing this now, what kind of weekly time commitment are you putting towards the course? Trying to see if I can fit it in.
    Depends how quick you like to finish course. I spend few hours per day and completed in few weeks. You have 90 days so around 1 or 2 hrs per day should be fine
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How quick are they to get you the voucher after you request it?
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How quick are they to get you the voucher after you request it?
    Usually within 24 hours.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    jaguaarjaguaar Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I scored 85% in the assessment test. Only 45 mins to do 60 questions. Is there a chance to get selected for the program ??
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jaguaar wrote: »
    I scored 85% in the assessment test. Only 45 mins to do 60 questions. Is there a chance to get selected for the program ??

When did you take it? Have to wait till Thursday to find out. You will receive a third email when you are accepted.
  • Options
    technogoattechnogoat Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any example questions or the scope for the pre-exam exam?

I have CCNA R/S and A+

I'm watching Security+ and Linux+ videos right now

Is it all multiply choice?

I really want to get into Cyberops and get the vouchers since working Helpdesk is really killing me inside lol

I have until Dec 1st to finish the pre-exam so I'm cramming prof messer videos and few youtubers

going to do some Linux cmd line exercise and security+ practice quizzes

please pray for me icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    When did you take it? Have to wait till Thursday to find out. You will receive a third email when you are accepted.
    Took it yesterday so hoping for good news tomorrow.
  • Options
    technogoat wrote: »

I have CCNA R/S and A+

I really want to get into Cyberops and get the vouchers since working Helpdesk is really killing me inside lol

I have until Dec 1st to finish the pre-exam so I'm cramming prof messer videos and few youtubers

Dont sweat over it, make sure you know basic linux admin and commands etc. Its easy, basic security plus windows and linux but time is not your side. Less than 50 secs to respond, cant edit an answer once you move to next. Multiple Choice. Cisco has done a good job of compilaing basic but practical exam questions and they will provide you with detailed report at end of exam. Good Luck
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    technogoat wrote: »

I have CCNA R/S and A+

It's about your level. Very beginners level Linux questions, basic Windows questions, some security questions, some networking. The CCNA, A+ will help out a lot. Working helpdesk will help a lot. Those Linux+ and Security+ videos will help out.

I'd guess that it's just slightly above entry level stuff. I'm sure you'll do fine. Easily above the passing threshold.
  • Options
    ivyvaldivyvald Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got accepted to Cohort 5 icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Received the 3rd email to complete the final survey. I'll select cohort 5 and focus on it during the winter.

See you all there, this should be fun. Now lets see if we can start some type of preparation before hand.
  • Options
    Received the 3rd email to complete the final survey and selected cohort 5.
    So how long do I have to wait for final acceptance?
  • Options

Until Monday.
  • Options
    hxhxhxhx Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□

Sounds like you were accepted. If they stick with their latest pattern, you should hear by the end of day Monday US time.

BTW, I got an 83.3%. I don't think time to complete the exam factors into it at all as long as you complete it on time.
  • Options
    FrostbiteFrostbite Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got my email confirmation for cohort 5. Can't wait to start this with the rest of you.
  • Options
    hxhx wrote: »
    Sounds like you were accepted. If they stick with their latest pattern, you should hear by the end of day Monday US time.

BTW, I got an 83.3%. I don't think time to complete the exam factors into it at all as long as you complete it on time.
    You were right, I got acceptance email. Time matters in the sense that we only get 45 mins to complete 60 questionsicon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    In cohort 5 also.
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    CCNTraineeCCNTrainee Member Posts: 213
    Just got my 3rd Email and opted for cohort 6. Guess I just have to wait until next week in getting my official acceptance email.
  • Options
    qamar115qamar115 Member Posts: 11 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Count me in Cohorot 5 also.
  • Options
    psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I also requested cohort 5 from cohort 6. I'd like to start it as one of my New Year's resolutions.
  • Options
    jacksonrjacksonr Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cohort 5. Really pleased to get in considering I didn't get in last time.
  • Options
    technogoattechnogoat Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I only got 77.4%. Do you think I'll make the cut?
  • Options
    PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just received the email confirming I will also be in cohort 5. Can't wait to get started. There is a video course on the 1st part of the Cyber Ops on Udemy for $12 so I picked it up. I would like to start studying as soon as possible before cohort 5 starts since we have a limited time to pass the exams.

https://www.udemy.com/ccna-cyber-ops-secfnd/learn/v4/overview
    Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA: CyberOps, eJPT, ITIL, etc.
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just took the pre assessment test and got 80%. The Linux got me. Haven't touched Linux since I left my last job in 2014. We will see if I make it.
  • Options
    dhay13 wrote: »
    Just took the pre assessment test and got 80%. The Linux got me. Haven't touched Linux since I left my last job in 2014. We will see if I make it.

You will make it.
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just got the email to complete the survey. It says after completing the survey I will be accepted. I chose cohort 5 beginning December 28th. Sounds like a lot of work but well worth it I hope.
  • Options
    Has anyone from cohort 5 received their login information yet?

I received another congratulations email with some answers to FAQs but nothing else so far.