Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• Options
    asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took assessment test today and get 92% , now waiting
    for 3rd email
  • Options
    suitsonfiresuitsonfire Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will be in cohort 5 as well and really looking forward to the program. Good luck to everyone joining in. :)
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just received this! :D

Student Record Update

[FONT=&amp]Hello Jose -

We have processed all Student Record Updates. Our records now indicate that you are enrolled in:

Student Record Status: Record Updated
    Preferred Email Address:
    Cohort Enrolled: Cohort 5 (Start Date 12/28/17 - End Date 4/28/1icon_cool.gif

[/FONT]
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just got that too. Says I am accepted into cohort 5
  • Options
    KronnnkorKronnnkor Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello folks,
    I did step 2 yesterday and got 88%. Today I got an email for completing step3 survey. I chose cohort 5 starting in december, but there were 2 other options as well for later. So, does it mean that I am in if I did step 3?
    Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    esr0159esr0159 Member Posts: 80 ■□□□□□□□□□
    still waiting for the login details
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|
  • Options
    wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    esr0159 wrote: »
    still waiting for the login details

You wont get anything until the 28th
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You wont get anything until the 28th

The emails received so far state otherwise, they said yiu will receive your information 1 month prior to the start of class.
  • Options
    asiru77asiru77 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulate nisti2 , how many days it take after step 3 ? , i completed step 3 on friday but don't get any update till now , even though previous email says update on every monday
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Finally sat the SECOPS exam (life has got in the way this year) after finishing the 3rd cohort in September.

And despite what I was thinking, I passed. 980/1000 which I think is the highest I've ever scored on a Cisco exam. I don't think I deserved it, since there were quite a few questions (maybe 20%) that I wasn't sure about and had to give the best guess answer. But I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I recommend to take the exam as close to the training as possible. Also hearing here that the course work missed some things, I supplemented with the ITProTV course, which I think helped. But it was the practical things that were most challenging since I haven't touched regexes, Wireshark, tcpdump, Kali, Security Onion etc since the course extended access finished in October.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Grats on the pass.

You'll be happy to know that exam resets the clock on expiration on your CCNA R&S and Security certs.
  • Options
    jasojaso Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The emails from Cisco are quite confusing - first everything had to be completed before 15.12. and on 7th Dec I received and email stating that if I want to make it to Cohort 5, I have to complete it 8th at the latest. Actually got invitation to the phase 2 8th in the morning (CET time) and completed the test with 83%.

I hope I'll still be able to enter Cohort 5. According to the information they should evaluate the tests every Monday...
  • Options
    psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @The Force, my original acceptance for Cohort 6 email says "...we will be in contact with you one week prior to your start date to provide you with an information packet about getting started." I hope "information packet" also means "login instructions". Do any of you fine individuals currently or previously enrolled in the scholarship have any additional insights?
  • Options
    psheehan5 wrote: »
    @The Force, my original acceptance for Cohort 6 email says "...we will be in contact with you one week prior to your start date to provide you with an information packet about getting started." I hope "information packet" also means "login instructions". Do any of you fine individuals currently or previously enrolled in the scholarship have any additional insights?

I haven't received that kinda email yet. I did receive an email stating that they will have 2 Webex sessions this week to go over how the program works and what it's required to pass the exam.
  • Options
    jasojaso Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tiny bit disappointed that I couldn't make it into Cohort 5, but still extremely happy about this opportunity - Cohort 6 here (can't wait :)).
  • Options
    sks.geeksks.geek Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will be in Cohort 6; hopefully will be able to study with some of you all
  • Options
    josh.armentrout1josh.armentrout1 Member Posts: 36 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cohort 5. Just a waiting game now.
  • Options
    Cohort 5 early bird access has started.

just received the login info 1 week ahead, this is because of the holiday period they said today on the webex.

I'm assigned Hive10 as the mentor. Anyone else has the same mentor? Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Im supposed to be in cohort 5 and havent received a thing. Support told me it should be any day now but I have my doubts.
  • Options
    i'm just ploughing through the videos in the background whilst i work and answering the questions at the end! if you're a beginner they're very good an informative but if you've been doing this a while its just a refresher if needed
  • Options
    iceman7iceman7 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah. Mine is also Hive10.
  • Options
    Thanks, I received the Early Bird Access yesterday after the webinar. So I started studying one week before. :D

@asiri I did the test (2nd step) last year, so I've been waiting a long.
    2020 Year goals:

• Options
    Me too I have the same mentor team.

Regards and let the game begins!
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Cohort 5 early bird access has started.

just received the login info 1 week ahead, this is because of the holiday period they said today on the webex.

I'm assigned Hive10 as the mentor. Anyone else has the same mentor? Good luck everyone.
    2020 Year goals:

• Options
    esr0159esr0159 Member Posts: 80 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got the early bird access as well.

Mentor is Tech 2000
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I looked through the courses, and the foundations course has a lot of material in it, but the operations course seems very light. Kinda feels backwards, shouldn't the harder exam have more information...?
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I looked through the courses, and the foundations course has a lot of material in it, but the operations course seems very light. Kinda feels backwards, shouldn't the harder exam have more information...?

You'd think so.... The labs are where the $ is.
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ertaz wrote: »
    You'd think so.... The labs are where the $ is.
    Word. I'll withhold my judgement until I see them, but I have low expectations for that course already...
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tech 2000 here too
  • Options
    xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In case you haven't seen this yet, the deal this week (ending 1-20-18, I think) at http://www.ciscopress.com/deals/ is the SECOPS 210-255 OCG ebook + practice test. $25 instead of $50.
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
  • Options
    Everyone still doing this in cohort 5? I’ve really not had chance apart from 1 chapter