Options

Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed the SECOPS exam yesterday afternoon. Got a 9xx. The exam was incredibly easy. I might actually go for the CCNP Cyber Ops when it comes out, as that would make for an easy way to renew my now-three CCNAs.
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I passed the SECOPS exam yesterday afternoon. Got a 9xx. The exam was incredibly easy. I might actually go for the CCNP Cyber Ops when it comes out, as that would make for an easy way to renew my now-three CCNAs.

Without breaking the NDA can you say if the material provided were enough to pass the SecOps? Also how long did it take you to go over the SecOPs material and for how many hours did you study?
  • Options
    NEODREAMNEODREAM Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got another confirmation email yesterday in regards to Cohort 6:

"Students will start to receive email information regarding their cohort within the next two weeks"

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Excited to start and good to see feedback about SecOps being a breeze...I'm always down for easy wins.
    Goal: eJPT Mar. 2020 | GDAT May 2020 | eCPPT Dec. 2020
  • Options
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Without breaking the NDA can you say if the material provided were enough to pass the SecOps? Also how long did it take you to go over the SecOPs material and for how many hours did you study?
    Everything in the exam was in the materials provided, with the exception of maybe one or two questions on NIST specifics, as mentioned previously in this thread. I spent about two and a half weeks going over the materials, max of ten hours per week. Though I should probably note, I do tier three SOC work, and this is a tier one SOC exam, so take my thoughts on the exam with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I failed with a 790! (maybe I missed some question) I found the exam very easy and Security+ was really helpful!!! I could answer the questions without any doubt, everything was straightfoward.

Taking in a week with the retake.

Thanks for sharing!
    The exam was incredibly easy. I was expecting more Cisco-based equipment questions, but it was focused almost entirely on security fundamentals.If you can associate words together, then you don't even really need to understand the material, just what words pair together.

I
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So do you get free re-takes with this? I'm in cohort 6
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pseudonym wrote: »
    So do you get free re-takes with this? I'm in cohort 6

You get 1 free retake for each exam.
  • Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    You get 1 free retake for each exam.

That is awesome! Thanks
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Options
    For those that passed, how long did it take before they sent you the PDF certificate?

Edit: For those also wondering, the answer was one week.
  • Options
    PocketLumberjackPocketLumberjack Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I’m not sure how quick the PDF would come, but I passed on Friday and I updated my address the same day for the printed cert.
    Learn some thing new every day, but don’t forget to review things you know.
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed SECFND a few weeks ago (failed the 1st try with an 813, need 825). Slow going on SECOPS. Only on Ch. 5 so still a ways to go. Hard to get motivated. Figuring I will be taking it in about 2 or 3 weeks if all goes well.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dhay13 wrote: »
    I passed SECFND a few weeks ago (failed the 1st try with an 813, need 825). Slow going on SECOPS. Only on Ch. 5 so still a ways to go. Hard to get motivated. Figuring I will be taking it in about 2 or 3 weeks if all goes well.

So, do you get a free retake? or did you have to purchase that voucher?
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you get a free retake per exam. i think you may even be able to get two with approval. but definitely one for sure
  • Options
    fabostrongfabostrong Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I really wish I could get in on this lol.
  • Options
    relegatedrelegated Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Also in cohort 6, have not gotten anything recently, expect to see something here in the next week or two. I am hoping the test is as easy as it seems to sound and without the need to buy additional materials/tests.
  • Options
    K-9K-9 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't kid yourself that the tests are no-study easy. It really depends on your experience level. You'll see... don't take them lightly.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Got my books the other day. Finishing up my CCSP studies so I can dive into this.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    relegated wrote: »
    I am hoping the test is as easy as it seems to sound and without the need to buy additional materials/tests.

The tests were incredibly easy for me, but I'm a tier three SOC analyst. There are plenty of people that haven't been doing this type of work that have had to put in a large amount of effort to pass. From what I saw of the materials, they are enough to pass, but you definitely need to have a solid understanding of them to pass.
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    shochan wrote: »
    So, do you get a free retake? or did you have to purchase that voucher?
    Yes, free retake
  • Options
    rcsoar4funrcsoar4fun Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cohort 5, passed SECFND on Friday. It was pretty easy, but the level of info seems appropriate.

Kinda curious how SECOPS compares. Trying to quickly run through the info now and maybe make a run at it this week.
  • Options
    NEODREAMNEODREAM Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Received early registration info and access to learning materials for Cohort 6 yesterday.

Looks like the vouchers are locked to specific dates which is kind of a bummer
    Goal: eJPT Mar. 2020 | GDAT May 2020 | eCPPT Dec. 2020
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There is a CyberOps webinar tomorrow, Wed 28th @ 1pm EST - here is the link to join up the meeting - no code to enter the meeting.

WEBINAR CONFIRMATION
    d7Wt5HSq4ccKTiumqXiy1518798709.jpeg
    ^Charles Judd^
    CCNA Cyber Ops Webinar
    Get a glimpse into the world of cybersecurity & cover key concepts from the SECFND & SECOPS exams.

Wednesday, 28 March 2018
    01:00 pm Eastern Time (US and Canada), GMT -4
    Login to webinar

This is a friendly reminder of the upcoming webinar you registered for!
    Make sure to write down the webinar date and time, or set a reminder on your calendar, so you don't miss the event.
    Here are the webinar details again:
    Link : http://events.genndi.com/r/2/0/live/169105139238439966/12d6d1d520/0/37126913
    Room password : N/A
    Webinar title : CCNA Cyber Ops Webinar
    Webinar description : Get a glimpse into the world of cybersecurity & cover key concepts from the SECFND & SECOPS exams.
    Webinar hosted by : Charles Judd
    Date : Wednesday, 28 March 2018
    Time : 01:00 pm Eastern Time (US and Canada), GMT -4

See you at the webinar!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    relegatedrelegated Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NEODREAM wrote: »
    Received early registration info and access to learning materials for Cohort 6 yesterday.

Looks like the vouchers are locked to specific dates which is kind of a bummer

Agreed, I should be ready much sooner than that. Wonder if there is a way to get it sooner, probably not I am guessing.
  • Options
    The voucher date isn't even that far out. If you already know the material well enough that you can blow through the course that fast, then it won't matter when you take the test, you'll do fine either way.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    ^ that was my case. Did each course over a few days and then just waited for the vouchers.
  • Options
    JellyJelly Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm also doing cohort 6, at the webinar yesterday the recommend study time for this course was something like 250 hours total? That seems an insane amount to me can anyone shed any light on whether that is accurate?
  • Options
    250 hours seems *really* high, but it depends on experience of student.

Someone that has never read wireshark or exploited a system will have a decently long road ahead.

Now if they would only send me that second voucher already. Ugh!
  • Options
    josephandrejosephandre Member Posts: 315 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i don't think it requires that much, but that's really like a couple hours a night for 3 months. not really outrageous
  • Options
    Passed SecOps this morning. Exactly a week between exams, obviously some experience helped there. http://www.techexams.net/images/smilies/icon_cheers.gif Thanks for Cisco for providing the scholarships, it was good to get back into the swing of things again.
  • Options
    K-9K-9 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I gave myself four weeks to study. Passed today, too. :)