Options

Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Ertaz wrote: »
    I could never get them to email me the hours for each class. Opened a ticket, reopened, escalated, closed again.

Please post what they say. I've held back some on Course 2 since I am waiting for the official word.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    Please post what they say. I've held back some on Course 2 since I am waiting for the official word.

Dude, I gave up and got my CPEs elsewhere. I tracked my hours and applied the actual time I spent studying for the exams. The rule is that a single entry can't exceed 40 hours.
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    [FONT=&quot]In the two years since Chuck Robbins announced the Cisco Global Cyber Ops Scholarship, we've had:[/FONT]
    • Over 70,000 Applicants
    • Over 20,000 Students Enrolled
    • And almost 8,000 students complete both the SECFND and SECOPS courses
    So percentage wise, %29 of the applicants enrolled. Of those enrollees, only %40 completed both courses. Of the folks that completed the course, I wonder what percentage actually became certified.
  • Options
    K-9K-9 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Regarding CPE hours - I went back and forth with Cisco about it. They finally directed me to the sales pages for the courses and said they are 40 hours each.
  • Options
    Ertaz wrote: »
    [FONT="]In the two years since Chuck Robbins announced the Cisco Global Cyber Ops Scholarship, we've had:[/FONT]
    • Over 70,000 Applicants
    • Over 20,000 Students Enrolled
    • And almost 8,000 students complete both the SECFND and SECOPS courses
    So percentage wise, %29 of the applicants enrolled. Of those enrollees, only %40 completed both courses. Of the folks that completed the course, I wonder what percentage actually became certified.

I cannot believe so many didn't finish FREE classes when given four months to finish them. Now I wonder how many CCNA Cyber Ops individuals are out there in the world.
  • Options
    iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    fabostrong wrote: »
    Yes, I did.

really, what does your email say?
    am still waiting for email to give me credential to login
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    K-9 wrote: »
    I cannot believe so many didn't finish FREE classes when given four months to finish them.

There are a lot of un-motivated people out there.
  • Options
    PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are all the scholarships done?
    I feel like I read something about it still going on a week or so ago and was wanting to look into it
  • Options
    SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know what time the vouchers process?

I've had the SECOPs course done since Monday and didn't get anything Tuesday and nothing yet today. Are the emails sent out in the AM or PM?
  • Options
    psheehan5psheehan5 Member Posts: 80 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the SECFND for CEUs. The landing pages for both SECFND and SECOPS state that each course is 100 hours. Regardless, you can only claim 40 hours within ISC2 for any course. So you can claim 40 for SECFND and 40 for SECOPS. Since 40 is all you need for one year, you have fulfilled the CISSP CEUs for the year with either course. I called ISC2 and verified that 40 was all I could claim for any course.
  • Options
    psheehan5 wrote: »
    I used the SECFND for CEUs. The landing pages for both SECFND and SECOPS state that each course is 100 hours. Regardless, you can only claim 40 hours within ISC2 for any course. So you can claim 40 for SECFND and 40 for SECOPS. Since 40 is all you need for one year, you have fulfilled the CISSP CEUs for the year with either course. I called ISC2 and verified that 40 was all I could claim for any course.

The actual Cisco pages for each course said 40 hrs each. I sent a screenshot of those pages to ISC2 when they had no idea how many hours. They agreed to 40 hours. It looks like Cisco took that "40 hours" off the pages. I just checked.

However, another page lists it as 5 days which equates to 40 hours. I would screenshot it for your records if I were you:

https://learninglocator.cloudapps.cisco.com/courseDetails.do?actionType=executeCourseDetail&courseID=8577

https://learninglocator.cloudapps.cisco.com/courseDetails.do?actionType=executeCourseDetail&courseID=8576
  • Options
    Thanks K-9. I saved the entire landing page that shows 100 hours each in the event someone asks. The courses you linked to are one week courses. Where as the scholarship page specifically says "Duration: 100+ hours" for each SECFND and SECOPS and then goes on to say "a total of 122 days of study time". Regardless, ISC2 doesn't allow more than 40 CPEs for an activity. I am sure we'll both be good. Thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    psheehan5 wrote: »
    Thanks K-9. I saved the entire landing page that shows 100 hours each in the event someone asks. The courses you linked to are one week courses. Where as the scholarship page specifically says "Duration: 100+ hours" for each SECFND and SECOPS and then goes on to say "a total of 122 days of study time". Regardless, ISC2 doesn't allow more than 40 CPEs for an activity. I am sure we'll both be good. Thanks for the reply!

Some people have more than one cert that needs CPEs. I screenshot both of those (40 hrs and 100+ hrs) pages and sent them all to ISC2. I also sent ISC2 the screenshot of the my Cisco case about the number of hours. ISC2 decided 40 hours for each class will be allowed.
  • Options
    Sounds good to me. Have a great one!
  • Options
    relegatedrelegated Member Posts: 81 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Svoboda wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time the vouchers process?

I've had the SECOPs course done since Monday and didn't get anything Tuesday and nothing yet today. Are the emails sent out in the AM or PM?

SECOPS voucher won't be available until the 31st.
  • Options
    relegated wrote: »
    SECOPS voucher won't be available until the 31st.

Thanks, just saw that on the main page. I usually zip right past after I log in. Probably should have that info on the vouchers help page, too.
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks, just saw that on the main page. I usually zip right past after I log in. Probably should have that info on the vouchers help page, too.
    Yeah, that isn't great service right there. If I were you, I'd demand a refund.
  • Options
    On the topic of ISC2 CPE I think you get 30 CPE from studying/passing the test.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/132203-sscp-cpe-questions.html
  • Options
    Spoke with ISC2, they said you get up to 30 CPE for a certification but only your actual study time. So if you only studied 10 hours you only get 10 CPE.
  • Options
    PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Anyone in this cohort had a SECOPS voucher yet?
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Options
    Not yet, still waiting for mine, studying at the moment maybe I can take it tomorrow or early next week.
  • Options
    I really want to take it tomorrow. Literally the only bad thing about this scholarship has been waiting for vouchers. These last few weeks have been agony haha
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
  • Options
    RussInGothamRussInGotham Member Posts: 15 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm about a week away from qualifying for one.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pseudonym wrote: »
    I really want to take it tomorrow. Literally the only bad thing about this scholarship has been waiting for vouchers. These last few weeks have been agony haha

Never hurts to keep studying, more you know the easier the test will be. But the nice thing is you do get a retake from what I read.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So has there been a time gap between the course ending and getting vouchers? Guess I could just spend 60 seconds going back a few pages . . .
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    Anyone in this cohort had a SECOPS voucher yet?

Expected it today as the site said vouchers would be available on the 31st and I never got mine. It stinks because I've been finished for over two weeks and I'm going to have to do a major refresher now as my local testing centers are usually booked a solid 2 weeks out. This has been the one qualm I've had about the program.
  • Options
    Expected it today as the site said vouchers would be available on the 31st and I never got mine. It stinks because I've been finished for over two weeks and I'm going to have to do a major refresher now as my local testing centers are usually booked a solid 2 weeks out. This has been the one qualm I've had about the program.

Same, I finished May 14.

I've opened a case with Cisco cert support and they've asked for my certificate of completion. I advise you do the same.
    Working on - RHCE
  • Options
    Cert support sent me my voucher now. Unfortunately too late to take the exam today but booked in for Monday
    Working on - RHCE
  • Options
    Cert support sent me my voucher now. Unfortunately too late to take the exam today but booked in for Monday

Yep, May 14th for me too. I just submitted my case. Did they get back to you quickly?
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□

That's pretty poor service on their part. You should ask for a refund.