Options

Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    tonylo1420 wrote: »
    30 question.
    normal
    CCNA R&S is not enough,because it will ask Linux,Windows,network and security. Also, security question include Internet security and network(acl,ASA). But I think you can try to answer the question.:)

About how long did it take you to complete?
  • Options
    ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I ended up taking it. Took about 29 mins to complete it but I went through it kind of fast since I had a small window of time to do it. Fairly basic CCNA questions and security stuff, some Linux.
  • Options
    ParDigitalParDigital Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Finished mine, fairly easy assessment. Got 81 marks out of 100. Looking forward to the possibility of being accepted..
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Took mine. Good luck gents.
  • Options
    Moh Al-WabMoh Al-Wab Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what is the minimum number of questions that I should answer correctly to get the scholarship?
    Any guesses?
  • Options
    9bits9bits Member Posts: 138 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'd guess somewhere between 10 and 30.
  • Options
    9bits wrote: »
    I'd guess somewhere between 10 and 30.

I hope it's 10 questions. But this it too low, I guess the minimum is 15-18.
  • Options
    techsecuritytechsecurity Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    9bits and Moh Al-Wab may I ask which certifications do you posses? I'm asking because you said that it was a bit difficult. No offence.
  • Options
    CCNA R&S, CCNA Security.
    The assessment was not difficult, it just included questions from Linux and Windows. CCNA certificates does not cover those topics.
    I have encountered almost 7 CCNA and CCNA Security questions, the rest are Linux and Windows.
  • Options
    andyt390andyt390 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Still haven't received a response since the email saying you should receive an assesment email by mid August.
    Did apply on the 28th of July though....
    Here's hoping
  • Options
    Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
    haven't received the assessment yet icon_sad.gif
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nothing here as well. Time for Iris to pull some strings?? icon_jokercolor.gif
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Took the assessment got 18/30, got all the Windows commands since I work in that environment, Linux commands kicked my butt, but at least I am learning it now...we'll see what happens.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    closclos Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OctalDump....did it give you a grade at the end of the assessment
  • Options
    Still nothing on my end. I read somewhere that the mail states that its not a pass or fail test which probably means that if you received the mail in the first place then you are accepted for the program. Is that right?
  • Options
    Still nothing on my end. I read somewhere that the mail states that its not a pass or fail test which probably means that if you received the mail in the first place then you are accepted for the program. Is that right?

No! it's not right. Here is a quote from the e-mail
    "If you pass this assessment, you will qualify for our valued scholarship to earn the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Cyber Ops certification. "

Which means that this assessment is a pass or fail test. Good luck
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    clos wrote: »
    OctalDump....did it give you a grade at the end of the assessment

It gave a score report, including the details of every question I got right or wrong (or partial marks), and the correct answer. It then gave a percentage score.

That's it though. To find out whether I'm in or out, and when the class starts etc, I have to still wait for email from Cisco.

They said that the scores will also be used to place in appropriate groups. I don't know if that's just "high scorers in this group, middle scorers in this group, low scorers in this group" or whether it's more nuanced and "low in Windows score, low in Network score" etc.

They also mentioned that they included some more advanced questions to get an idea of skill level and not to expect to get all questions right.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    Abdullah.AAAbdullah.AA Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got 92%, I thought the assessment was easy and straight forward.
    I did notice them say the results will be in one week, right after the assessment was done and I was looking at my score.
  • Options
    I got 92%, I thought the assessment was easy and straight forward.
    I did notice them say the results will be in one week, right after the assessment was done and I was looking at my score.
    I guess that they mean the result of whether or not you'll be granted the scholarship.
  • Options
    yparkypark Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I still haven't gotten the email from Cisco with the assessment link. I guess it's not very likely that I will still get it. The F5 key on my keyboard has been taking a beating this week thanks to Cisco..

Good luck to those that did receive the email! icon_thumright.gif
    2022 Goals: [PCNSE] [JNCIS-SP] [JNCIS-SEC] [JNCIS-DevOps]
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got 18.5/30 on the assessment. I'm not strong on Linux and got most of those wrong. The CCNA questions were not difficult.

Time will tell.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
    Anyone received email today or yesterday? I'm just curious if they are done sending all the assessment.
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • Options
    cisco4lifecisco4life Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are the questions in the assessment in multiple choice format? Or is there also fill in blank, drag and drop or simulations? If there are lots of Linux questions, I think I can answer them in multiple choice format but if I have to type them in a simulated terminal window probably not so good. Thanks
  • Options
    Yes, they are in multiple-choice format.
  • Options
    Too early to say that they stopped sending the assessment mails unless all the other we get the "no thanks" mail.
  • Options
    SmilymarcoSmilymarco Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Still waiting for the assessment mail here...
  • Options
    Smilymarco wrote: »
    Still waiting for the assessment mail here...

as long as you have received some emails from them when registered, dont worry you'll get the assessment email, i suppose now they're working through a lot of applicants and maybe are dividing them into groups.
  • Options
    Another update for the cyber security scholarship:
    Hi there, Martin and many others. Over this evening and into the morning, there will be a couple kinds of emails going out. Those who have applied to the Cybersecurity Scholarship program but have not yet received an assessment should either receive the assessment they've been waiting for or receive an email indicating that there was something in their original registration that did not qualify them to get an assessment. However, if you're in the latter case, you will be given some advice about how to reapply successfully so that you can take the assessment. Also, for those of you who have already received and taken the assessment, there will be communication later this week that informs you of when your test results will be available.

Hope this helps,

Gary Pfitzer,

Content Marketing Manager, Learning@Cisco

those who did the assessments like me will be contacted this week.
  • Options
    CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wasn't expecting to get an email, but I just got one. :D I thought I wasn't going to get one because of how much time had passed. If you haven't received an email, hang in there. Good luck!

Edit: Okay, that test was too simple. I feel like Cisco is up to something.... lol
  • Options
    devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wasn't expecting to get an email, but I just got one. :D I thought I wasn't going to get one because of how much time had passed. If you haven't received an email, hang in there. Good luck!
    I just got mine too.