Options

Cisco's $10 Million in Scholarships for Cyber

Comments

• Options
    KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Registered towards the end of July, got the assessment today. Scored 22.17/30. Seemed pretty straightforward. Missed a few linux questions.
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I received the email at 3:08am this morning. I took the assessment and scored 27 out of 30. ...just not paying attention to some of the questions I guess.

Good luck to all.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Also it would be good to know the score percentage of the first that were accepted, if any.

I would have to guess it is not so much as a passing score, as the top X amount of people get chosen. Of course you will be able to determine the "passing" score, but not until almost all of the assessments are completed.
  • Options
    techsecuritytechsecurity Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would have to guess it is not so much as a passing score, as the top X amount of people get chosen. Of course you will be able to determine the "passing" score, but not until almost all of the assessments are completed.

Probably you are right (I hope). I asked because I think that there are way too many candidates that have a 30/30 or 29/30 score in order to be accepted, so I think that the passing score would be at least 27+. Lets see what will happen.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    26/30 on mine
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    superbeastsuperbeast Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just took mine. I was hoping to do a little bit better but fingers crossed I get selected

23.5/30
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    got a 25.17
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
    I got 26.40/30
    CCNA R&S, MCSA.
  • Options
    _root_root Banned Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    25.8/30 here.
    Crossing fingers for the scholarship.

Anyone know if we can change our application? I would like to update it with my Cert.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Would be great to have a ton of TE folks pursuing this at the same time.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yeah..i totally agree. did my... scored 27/30...made some silly mistakes but its ok..arms crossed for the scholarship :)
  • Options
    dizzy_kittydizzy_kitty Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got the assessment today. I believe applied around early July. Got a 25.5 (85%) on it. Hope that's good enough! icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    superbeastsuperbeast Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dang, seeing everyone scoring 25+ makes me feel like a n00b only scoring 23.5

That would be cool to see a bunch of TE folks selected for this
  • Options
    JoexploitJoexploit Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is what I think about the selection. They have a cut off percentage that may not necessarily be high that is why they said first come first serve. So I guess you will have to do the assessment ASAP and just hope for the best.
  • Options
    SmilymarcoSmilymarco Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    28/30 :) Just got the mail and took the test.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I'm pretty sure 25.17 is the magic number you need to hit
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    LinguisticsLinguistics Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also it would be good to know the score percentage of the first that were accepted, if any.

I received mine this morning around 2AM but didn't realized it and went to work then took and finished it around 230pm. I think I scored an 85 if my math is correct according to the number correct out of 30.

The email says "If you pass this assessment, you will qualify for our valued scholarship to earn the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Cyber Ops certification"

However, another portion of the email says "FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS".

So, I guess yeah you may pass it but depending on what number you were to take it, then you are either in luck or out. So a person scoring 83 whom takes it today may get in while a person scoring 100%, yet, doesn't realize he has the email and takes in 4 days from now may not get in.
  • Options
    rcsoar4funrcsoar4fun Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cisco has stated they intended to get 10,000 people into the program. I am sure there is a lot of room, for now.
  • Options
    erik087erik087 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hope that's true! I applied Jun 16th, got the "We're Glad You've Registered for Our Cybersecurity Scholarship" email on July 11th and haven't heard anything since. Hanging tight (but checking my email a lot).
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722

Yes. Although possibly, they place more emphasis on some questions over the others. From the sound of the email, it seems like they want to 'stream' groups based on similar level of knowledge.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    Bjcheung77Bjcheung77 Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cmztech wrote: »
    Completed! Any idea what the cut off score is though?

I got a 21.63 /30 (roughly 72%)

Dang Linux questions and a couple others that I just didn't nail and I should have! Argh!

I got the same exact score. *sigh*
    I wonder what's going to happen next...
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Received email today and took the assessment 25.5/30. Hope I make it in!
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Took the test. I got a 28/30.

Linux is not my strong suit and as usual Cisco approach to question wording lol.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I, too, received the email this morning. Took the assessment and scored 84.44. We shall see what that means in the coming weeks and/or months.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    securityorcsecurityorc Member Posts: 58 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I received my assessment mail yesterday and I have yet to take it icon_silent.gif (was flying back from vacation yesterday). When I got home late at night I noticed there was no internet, and had to wait for today and phone the ISP. Apparently my cable decided to die at one of the most inopportune moments. I got my hands on a mobile stick and was about to begin the assessment a couple minutes ago when the ISP called and told me they are sending a crew right now. And here I am waiting for internet and stuck at the password change screen and hoping the timer hasn't started when I clicked the link in the e-mail.. icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I was thinking last night, with all of the high scores being reported here and I'm sure elsewhere out there, what if Cisco decided to not take in the people with the least or most current knowledge based on the assessment, and only accepted people who scored in the middle range from like 25%-75%? That would suck for all of us that scored above 75% icon_lol.gif
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    doctorlexusdoctorlexus Member Posts: 217
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    I was thinking last night, with all of the high scores being reported here and I'm sure elsewhere out there, what if Cisco decided to not take in the people with the least or most current knowledge based on the assessment, and only accepted people who scored in the middle range from like 25%-75%? That would suck for all of us that scored above 75% icon_lol.gif

It's possible. Part of the program is to be able to share your success story at the end. Hard to do that if you're already someone who's successful in security.

"Yes, I was making $975,000 yr before the Cisco scholarship program. Once I completed it, I was able to finish filling the west wing of my estate with framed certifications. Thank you Cisco for creating yet another certification I could obtain."

I just don't see it.
  • Options
    devilbonesdevilbones Member Posts: 318 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think the assessment is only going to be used to group candidates. There will probably be another round where we need to validate the credentials/experience we said we had.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■

Very good thought! But, as a counterpoint, I think they would also want people who will pass the certification the first try.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Abdullah.AAAbdullah.AA Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□

your speculations are baseless. Ideally, the ones with the best scores make the best candidates.