Options

Bought RV042 Dual WAN VPN Router | Not cannot remote in at all | Give public IPs

Sean_KeltschSean_Keltsch Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I bought RV042 Dual WAN VPN Router thinking there was two WAN ports and I would be able to swap between lab devices without changing cables and integrate my lab with the public net for real world analysis.

The small business unit does not have Wi-Fi, so I also bought a Cisco N WAP. Everything was was going spectacular until I connected the Internet/DMZ port to my Cisco router (IOS 15) and toggled a few nebulously explaiined settings in the GUI.

I'm not sure what I configured, but now, somehow, regardless of all actions taken, my internal home PC gets crowned with a public IP address every single time; the door buster sale continues with all DHCP devices asking for an IP. Check out the output:

C:\Users\subkonshis>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : wowway.com
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::76d4:35ff:feb2:a7ad%13
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 50.4.198.178
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.240.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 50.4.192.1

Ethernet adapter VMware Network Adapter VMnet1:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::250:56ff:fec0:1%22
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.218.1
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Tunnel adapter isatap.{F557C46A-51EA-479B-87B3-A50F8700BC7B}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter isatap.{218E79D6-7D3B-40AA-9035-FE6C223C3504}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter isatap.wowway.com:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::200:5efe:50.4.198.178%23
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:3204:c6b2::3204:c6b2
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2002:c058:6301::1
***Disabling all variant of other adapters does not change anything.***

There is an uber tiny pin hole on the side that I have tried all manner of physical manuvers to revert the demon possessed Layer three back to factory settings. Holding it down while plugging it in at different times, Holding it down for 5 or 30 seconds, I fought hard, but the abyss over came me.

I have not tried holy water...

It would not be so bad if I could remote into the router and configure the damn thing.

I've tried to go into the 50.x.x.x DGW, on WWW, but got nothing, have not tried Putty and Telnet; I don't think it has CLI, but it's worth a try.

Firing up Putty and praying to the most high that it has a CLI IOS since it's cisco might be my best move... Or perhaps I am missing a NAT configuration, regardless I cannot change.

ACTUALLY I've already accomplished the original goal of lab device swapping ease by utilizing a partially fossilized media link router N router.

I think I'm past due to return the purchase, I would LOVE to set up a VPN for external access, and it has grown on me.

Any ideas on how I can sanctify this unholy that is corrupting my flash memory, config, and IOS?

Comments

• Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unplug it and plug it back in. While booting hold the reset button for 45-60 seconds. Once the unit is "factory" fresh then assign the Public IP to the WAN if your ISP allows. You mave have to use DHCP on the WAN port. Then Assign your internal IP to the LAN "192.168.1.0/24" to start with and gateway of 192.168.1.1 with DNS 8.8.8.8/4.2.2.2. Make sure NAT is enabled and see if you can get to the web. If you can get to the web then under advanced settings there should be an option for remote WAN management and you will have to assign a username and password. A company that we bought had about 60 RVS200 out in the field and I had to replace all of them. We just recently through them all in a dumpster because our electronics recycler was going to charge us to take them.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln