Options

Guidance

afzal067afzal067 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I have 4 years bachelor degree, 9 yrs experience in IT and I'm CCNA and CCNP (Voice) certified. I have recently moved to Canada and currently looking to start my career here. I want to get into an IT area that currently is in demand and will remain so for upcoming 5 yrs. One of my friends suggested to do MCSE private cloud certification and work in Cloud environment. I did a quick research and found this area interesting.
I need your valuable suggestions if this is the right IT side for me to jump into, considering my background and my requirement.
Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The general answer to these type of threads and question is, do what you like and what you enjoy. No one can ever tell you what to do for your career path, that is your choice. Explore the various jobs on your own, even if you take certifications you still have to experience the day to day activities.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    The general answer to these type of threads and question is, do what you like and what you enjoy. No one can ever tell you what to do for your career path, that is your choice. Explore the various jobs on your own, even if you take certifications you still have to experience the day to day activities.

I completely agree. There are so many fields of IT and so many more sub-fields under those that everyone's preferences are different. Start studying for the exams and if it's something you're enjoying keep doing it. If you find you're getting bored because the topics aren't interesting and you can't see yourself doing it as a career then stop and find something else that interests you.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"