eLearnSecurity PTPv4 Revealed (Attended webinar)

The webinar is concluding now. They basically updated some of the System Security section involving buffer overflows and shellcoding, updated the lab guides and videos to be Kali based. Doesn't seem they updated any other material or added any other sections. Waiting to see upgrade pricing as I have PTPv3 right now and not seeing anything worth paying to upgrade.
Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
Next Up:​ OSCP
Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    For those who don't have PTPv3, you can enroll in PTPv4 Full version with 20% off (for $799) and get an upgrade to PTPv4 Elite and includes PTSv3 for free. Offer expires June 30th.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    "Use COUPON CODE PTP-V4E during checkout to get your 30% discount AND the Free Edition Upgrade!"
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just got my email saying $249 to upgrade from v3 to v4

which includes the barebones pts course too
    Yup got my email for the upgrade. Debating if the $249 is worth it. I'll have to compare the syllabus PDF to see how much of the System Security section material was updated, and how many labs are in the new one.
    Actually Armando just said that the new v4 Elite includes HTML5 whereas the v3 Elite that I have does not have HTML5 which sucks for doing the course on the iPad. Tempting....
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    "Use COUPON CODE PTP-V4E during checkout to get your 30% discount AND the Free Edition Upgrade!"
    Yea that's for existing members. They said PTP-V4A is 20% launch discount that includes free upgrade. Wonder if new folks could use it.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks like I got a free upgrade for my PTPv3 Elite to PTPv4 Elite. So happy!!

It looks like a lot of the refresh is similar to the way PTS was refreshed. I expect the course to be awesome.
    you were the one person who won that Moose?
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It looks like a good offer, I can get the Elite version for ~700 US$.

My problem is I signed up for eWAPT when it was launched last year and have not started studying for it until this day ..
  • g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The first two modules for System Security look promising. I partially started V3 a while back and was thinking of checking out the new PTS version to get my head back in the game and build my confidence :)
  • CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    How does everyone like the course? I have been registered for about a year now and have not started. I started OSCP and I was def in over my head.

I think this would be a better fit for my skill set.
    g33k3r wrote: »
    The first two modules for System Security look promising. I partially started V3 a while back and was thinking of checking out the new PTS version to get my head back in the game and build my confidence :)

The v3 covers those as well, but they are just in the "Introduction" section under System Security.

Definitely need to go through these to see if there is much difference...
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    Looks like I got a free upgrade for my PTPv3 Elite to PTPv4 Elite. So happy!!

It looks like a lot of the refresh is similar to the way PTS was refreshed. I expect the course to be awesome.

Did not win, but they did email me and tell me they were upgrading my for free.
    Looks like I'm upgrading. They've added more material to most sections it seems. The Network Security section, Module 6 Post Exploitation has been fully revamped and has a ton on priv escalation, which is huge for OSCP it seems. The Web Security section has been completely redone and the topics expanded upon way more than v3. And most of all, the HTML5 is definitely welcome so I can read slides interactively on my iPad on my lunch break (I hate the PDF's as they are large, and are not interactive).
  • lugerluger Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got no emails from them as of yet. Spoke to one of their support on chat and also sent an email but still no mail icon_sad.gif
  • princesamusprincesamus Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just as you luger, no email so far... Can someone give us the link to the upgrade? Still I know the coupon is PTP-V4U for the upgrade.

Thanks.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    for $249 it is worth the upgrade. I will be upgrading v2 to v4.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
    I'll have to look through everything deeper tonight, upgrading a couple topics and adding HTML5 does not equal $249 to me
    I'll have to look through everything deeper tonight, upgrading a couple topics and adding HTML5 does not equal $249 to me
    Every section but the Ruby section seems to have been expanded upon and/or updated in some way. Don't forget added labs, and completely redone videos and lab guides. Everything aligns with Kali now.
  • g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    for $249 it is worth the upgrade. I will be upgrading v2 to v4.

Agree - I'll need a good reason for not doing the upgrade at this price.
  • supasecuritybrosupasecuritybro Member Posts: 206 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Company just paid for me to take it. I will start a new thread about my experience with it to help out the community.
    Completed: CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, CCSA R80, eJPT, CySA+, M.S. Information Security
    Current Goal: CCSE
    Continuous Education Plan:​ AWS-SAA, OSCP, CISM
    Book/CBT/Study Material:​ Max Power
    I missed that on their site you could download the PDF version of the new syllabus which goes over everything in detail! Was just looking at the syllabus they listed right on the page... Got some reading to do when I get home from work.

edit: deleted my last post as it doesn't make sense after I saw this
    Mooseboost wrote: »
    Did not win, but they did email me and tell me they were upgrading my for free.

I guess everyone who purchased it after April got their upgrade for free.
    That seems like it may be the case. I got mine at the beginning of May, just before they announced PTPv4.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just purchased the upgrade. If you have v2 the upgrade is totally worth it for $249. Before I was a little critical about elearnsecurity on certain areas of their business (but always respected the material.) I have to say and admit, looks like they are progressing and actually listening to customers while trying to improve. I applaud them icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gifbowing.gificon_study.gif

I no longer hold any negative views on them. Great work Armando!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • happygoluckyiamhappygoluckyiam Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I went ahead and purchased the upgrade as well. When I initially signed up they had free PTS with the PTP - and I did the elite version. Upon completion of the PTS, I went through to the PTP and the older videos were just terrible in comparison (they were probably created in 2009). It pretty much took the wind out of my sails. With this upgrade, hopefully everything will be a bit more modern, slick, edited well with some great labs and i'll be right back on the trip to the ECCPT. I really enjoyed PTS and the EJPT exam, so i'm pretty excited about this upgrade!
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Cyberscum wrote: »
    How does everyone like the course? I have been registered for about a year now and have not started. I started OSCP and I was def in over my head.

I think this would be a better fit for my skill set.

Start with eJPT, a much gentler introduction IMHO.

I'm upgrading...
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm probably going to pay for the update as well. The update to the System Security seems like it's worth update by itself.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    PTPv4 the lab section looks much cleaner, just like PTSv3. Worth it.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

I'm probably going to pay for the update as well. The update to the System Security seems like it's worth update by itself.

Absolutely agree with this. System Security is the section I am starting with and it is way better than the previous one.