Options

New Job at MSP

bhcs2014bhcs2014 Member Posts: 103
Going from desktop support at a large corporation to level 1 support at a small MSP. Seems like a lateral move but I'm stuck and extremely bored at my current job. In the new role I'll get a chance to touch everything which I think is gonna be great for my career and finding what I want to do. So yeaaa I'm excited wish me luck guys!

Comments

• Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and Good Luck! Although it may be a lateral move, as you stated you can certainly pick up some new experience; which all of us in the IT World know is invaluable! icon_thumright.gif
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I agree wholeheartedly that you are going to touch things you never thought you would touch, and you might just like it! Muahahaha.

Oh, and good luck! Just don't let the exposure to so much overwhelm you!
  • Options
    KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    I would be wary of small MSPs.... You will still be doing the same stuff but you will work more hours for the same salary. All the cool stuff will be done by the senior guys. You will lose out on benefits and etc.
  • Options
    Kreken wrote: »
    I would be wary of small MSPs.... You will still be doing the same stuff but you will work more hours for the same salary. All the cool stuff will be done by the senior guys. You will lose out on benefits and etc.

It's hourly. In the interviews they said I'd be working with ASA's, vSphere, AWS, etc. Obviously I'll be doing lots of L1 stuff but they say the opportunities are there.

Either way I strongly disliked the corporate environment so I'm happy with my decision.
  • Options
    jerseytechjerseytech Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bhcs2014 wrote: »
    It's hourly. In the interviews they said I'd be working with ASA's, vSphere, AWS, etc. Obviously I'll be doing lots of L1 stuff but they say the opportunities are there.

Either way I strongly disliked the corporate environment so I'm happy with my decision.

Did you already accept and quit your current gig?
  • Options
    jerseytech wrote: »
    Did you already accept and quit your current gig?

Yup. Last Friday.