Options

Well Guys and Gals...It was a date with destiny

Cyber_spaceCyber_space Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been looking everyday at the passing and failing posts. I was a little nervous but I said I will forge ahead and take the exam. I was able to take the Training Camp ISC2 bootcamp this week before the exam today. That gave me a true time to focus on the test without having to fight fires at work. The test definitely is a monster and I noticed the little subtleties in how the questions or answers were phrased. I learned a lot through tinkering on my own and professionally to really understand what the question was asking. I've seen a few people post lately that they didn't pass. I encourage you to really take the time as others have said an learn the concepts and not just to pass the test. The test can definitely throw a curveball and if you don't know what you are looking for, you will be lost. I can definitely understand the perception of "bootcamps" now. Never been to one before and for this test, it is impossible to teach all the concepts in one week before the exam. There is a lot of material out there but I will say use what makes sense to you. Each book as I discovered has a different way of saying things and it can be confusing if you try to remember each perspective.

Comments

• Options
    I forgot to mention that I passed!
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I forgot to mention that I passed!

Congrats man!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    jothi78jothi78 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cyberspace - were you in the Vienna camp with Dennis Lee?
  • Options
    Thanks All! I am trying to recover today. I shut down everything just to focus and prepare. It definitely paid off.
  • Options
    jothi78 wrote: »
    Cyberspace - were you in the Vienna camp with Dennis Lee?
    No I did not attend the session there.
  • Options
    jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!, the Training Camp's bootcamp is no joke...went through it in Dallas in late 2014. Good instructors, and killer pace. I would not suggest anyone use a bootcamp as your sole preparation for the CISSP exam. I had been self studying for about a year off and on before getting the bootcamp as a final polish before the exam
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • Options
    JohnmuellerJohnmueller Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I supposed to be in a bootcamp with them next month in Santa Ana. Do they also prep you for taking the exam, or mostly on content? I already feel 80% confident, but want to take one of these to really fill in any gaps and have further exam insight.
  • Options
    Terminator XTerminator X Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    -Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic-
    ~Unknown
  • Options
    jcundiff wrote: »
    Congrats!, the Training Camp's bootcamp is no joke...went through it in Dallas in late 2014. Good instructors, and killer pace. I would not suggest anyone use a bootcamp as your sole preparation for the CISSP exam. I had been self studying for about a year off and on before getting the bootcamp as a final polish before the exam

Thanks. I would echo those same sentiments. Don't use it as the sole preparation. It's a lot of information and no way to lock in those concepts before the exam.
  • Options
    I supposed to be in a bootcamp with them next month in Santa Ana. Do they also prep you for taking the exam, or mostly on content? I already feel 80% confident, but want to take one of these to really fill in any gaps and have further exam insight.

The bootcamp in itself is an exam prep but it won't teach you how to just ace the exam. It's more for understanding concepts that you may not have been able to understand in self study. It's also good to hear how others remember the concepts.
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro