Dell SC series DSDSC-200. Anyone?

jabalvjabalv Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone in the forum!

Is someone from here studying for: Dell :: Pearson VUE or maybe someone already have it and can give some hints/tips or comment this certification?

Comments

• NorbertoBSNorbertoBS Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just finished the course . I have no idea about the questions
  • zaulozaulo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Jabalv,

I did PS Install course this week and I take the exam today and I falied. In my opinión is mandatory to have experiencie working with Eq an their tools, focus in that. I think I failed for 3 questions icon_sad.gif
  • pjrousepjrouse Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I've just been asked to take this exam at work to recertify my ability to install compellent. The last exam I took was after the week long course and was open book. This is 75 mins closed book online proctored which is a little more difficult!

How did you get on?

Was it hard?
    VCP5-DCV
    MCSE Server 2012
    MCITP: Enterprise Administrator - Server 2008
    Network+
  • lorde85lorde85 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pjrouse wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just been asked to take this exam at work to recertify my ability to install compellent. The last exam I took was after the week long course and was open book. This is 75 mins closed book online proctored which is a little more difficult!

How did you get on?

Was it hard?

Did you take the exam already? How was it?

I was also asked to complete this certification, I took the course 2 years ago and meanwhile I didn't work with Compellent at all.
    Trying to remember all the things I've learned plus the lessons leraned from new trainings available at Dell Partner Direct.
    However, it would be really helpful to have some question examples to understand what to expect.
    Any of you know where can I get them?
    lorde85 wrote: »
    Did you take the exam already? How was it?

I was also asked to complete this certification, I took the course 2 years ago and meanwhile I didn't work with Compellent at all.
    Trying to remember all the things I've learned plus the lessons leraned from new trainings available at Dell Partner Direct.
    However, it would be really helpful to have some question examples to understand what to expect.
    Any of you know where can I get them?

Not taken it yet - I took the course last April and have worked a little with it since but have one free go via work to pass and cant find any example Q's anywhere
    VCP5-DCV
    MCSE Server 2012
    Network+
  • PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    I took a few weeks ago and barely missed. There were a lot of questions and it felt very fast paced. The only test I've ever barely finished with no time to review answers.

This was after restudying the installation guides and watching last year's training videos so it's nowhere near as easy as last year's online exam. I'm sure I'll get it on the retake now that I know what to expect. Dell offering the free voucher to take the exam essentially allowed us a free practice test so I highly recommend you take it earlier than later although the retake policy is 14 days.

Without breaking NDA, I will say the study guide/objectives were very vague.
    It's definitely an INSTALLATION and not administration test. Below are the areas from the objectives I'd focus on:
    Read the SC8000 and SC4000 installation manuals entirely. They aren't long.
    Know the cabling without second guessing. This includes both 8/4000 series and expansion enclosures.
    Know the CLI commands exactly used for installation.
    Know firmware upgrade procedures.
    Not much admin nitty gritty but be sure to review it. replication, vsphere management, how data progressions works, etc.

I'll say the fiber channel objective is where I got killed. Legacy fiber channel is in the objectives. Know it back and forth.
    I will give them credit it did not feel like a BS trivia question type exam. Most of them were to the point or involved realistic troubleshooting.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
    Thanks for the info!

Much Appreciated.

Dell have extended the offer to take the exam to 31st of Dec now - Like you say the first chance is effectively a free practice.

Thanks again
    VCP5-DCV
    MCSE Server 2012
    Network+
  • ChristyMelChristyMel Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The above discussions are very interesting and i would like to share my thought about Dell SC series DSDSC-200 exam. Fisrt of all, i would like to advise you that "burn the boats behind" leave all leisure activities and focus on your exam. Make no mistakes about it some people actually many shouldn't chase the Dell SC series DSDSC-200 (there are many other expert or professional level exams in other IT fields suited to other people), i have seen people just start out in this without the tiniest clue of what spanning-tree is say they want to be "Dell SC" expert because they probably know someone that is one who is seemingly enjoying some perks, well this isn't one of those horse-wishes, once you decide that you are in burn all the bridges and don't look back.
    there are many of blogs to read and if you are brave enough you can keep one to monitor your progress and for active learning. When you get stuck as you will many times on some Dell SC series DSDSC-200 exam documents and texts and you still get stuck listening to videos then check a platform that is "justcerts". I sure you that this is amazing and you will find the preparation material and will pass exam in the first attempt. Good luck
    Christy :)
  • underdosedunderdosed Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello

Im going to take the exam next week, and i would like to know how many question are in the exams, someone can help me with this please?

Looking at the **** over the network (the ones are free, not checked the others), there is a **** with 30 questions, but seems not complete...

Thanks!