Options

Can you do CEH in one month?

2»

Comments

• Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ITSpectre wrote: »
    Unless you get him started on CISSP and why you HAVE to have 4-5 yrs of exp before you take the exam.... Anger fuled rage commence!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Naw, look under ethics: "...protect the profession..." Of which this is not a charted profession but then again, I digress. After you've worked with enough posers in the field you'll understand.

- b/eads
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Clm wrote: »
    I don't know if your referring to me when you say what goes around comes around with board karma. If so I will just say its not that serious to me to go and try to give you a bad rep. lol im not five. But you gents have a good one i have some studying to do for my CEH peace love and soul.

I got two down votes today. A record for me! LOL.

I am the board curmudgeon after all.

- b/eads
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Does ec provide worthless certs? Yes, but I have seen no other organization promote and sell their products like ec does. Ec is the car salesman of the cert market and has expanded into the gov side of the house.

I may be stretching, but I think that orgs like ic2 and sans are put in a position where they almost have to devalue their certs and make attaining them easier just to compete with ec. I am not comparing the certs offered between them, as we all know the huge differences, just the business practice. At one time I would imagine that ic2 once had stringent requirements for their CISSP. When I got it I was surprised how easy the test and endorsement was. I think ec forces companies to compete at the lower standard they provide because they are literally willing to just throw crap together and call it a cert. I am sure ec knows they have an inferior product; but like Walmart they recognized the need and attacked it like a vulture.

BTW, I have not received any bad reps WTF!

I feel left out.
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    beads wrote: »
    Naw, look under ethics: "...protect the profession..." Of which this is not a charted profession but then again, I digress. After you've worked with enough posers in the field you'll understand.

- b/eads

Just noticed you were in Chicago.... you are my new friend! I love chicago IL... good food but cold winters....
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Clm wrote: »
    But you gents have a good one i have some studying to do for my CEH peace love and soul.
    Good luck. You'll do fine.

EC-Council does have all of the issues mentioned, but I did learn some interesting things while studying for CEH. I am not a pen tester, so CEH was my first real look into that field. Neat stuff. One of these days when I'm able to, I'd like to do more hands on (ELS, OffSec) training to get a deeper understanding of it all.
  • Options
    ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck. You'll do fine.

EC-Council does have all of the issues mentioned, but I did learn some interesting things while studying for CEH. I am not a pen tester, so CEH was my first real look into that field. Neat stuff. One of these days when I'm able to, I'd like to do more hands on (ELS, OffSec) training to get a deeper understanding of it all.

I plan on Taking the OSCP hopefully early next year when I finish my degree
    I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
    Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

• Options
    SavykSavyk Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    did you pass????