PRINCE2 Practitioner Failed - 24-6-2016

arunm17arunm17 Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
I would like to share my experience of the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam. I got 38/80 which is not enough to pass the exam. I need a minimum of 45/80 which is about 55% passing rate. I am not so down about it but it is close enough to pass. Back to the Lab again...start planning, reading & score next time around.

What i have learned that it is not a difficult exam to pass like PMP. I put in almost 160 hours before i went for the PMP exam which i passed. For PRINCE2, i put in about 60 hours which is not enough. I guess i have to bump it up the hours.

However PRINCE2 is still a beast to kill. You must understand your documentation very well. You must understand that the documents intertwined among the processes. You must also understand the themes clearly on RISK, CHANGE mainly.

The Appendices play a very important note..please make sure you read, understand and memorize it.

The Glossary is an important tool as well. If you starting fresh, then go to through the glossary first before actually reading the book. You will get a picture what you need to know.

Study Resources - Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 2009 - OGC Publications, The PRINCE2 Practitioner - Bentley, Colin,

Q&A Resources - @ctua1tests

Study Approach - Read the Colin Book first, then read the OGC book, then do Q&A..write down the question you got wrong like Q first then followed by Answer in your note book. This way you will remember for the rest of your life. I spend about 3 hours intermittently after work from 7pm to 10pm. I study about 1 hour in the office during lunch break. Weekends i go full swing from 9am till 4pm. I did this for 2 weeks with off and on intermittent study hours.

I am in my early 30s..studying has become an option with the my 2 kids and wife. Family comes first though. I am doing this certification as an option for the future. I am trying my level best to be a Project Manager but nothing so far. Either i am overqualified or overpaid. The Job market here is taking a terrible hit and recession is quite high. So till then i will bid my time, take my certification before i actually get a proper job once the economy start picking up.

So there you have it. Feel free to share or comment.

I will sit again for the exam in August 14. This time i will make sure i get 95% passing rate.

Thank you,
Arun

Comments

• crabsodyinbluecrabsodyinblue Registered Users Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Arun, some interesting notes there...

I recently sat the Foundation course with a Pass and the practioner exam is something I may consider in the future.
  • ItsmHarunItsmHarun Member Posts: 178
    You can read some notes, if possible join foundation course. Bust of luck to next attempt.
  • FabriceTDFabriceTD Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Here are some tips for the Practitioner Exam

1) Watch the "PRINCE2 Trello project" on YouTube : FREE
    : You will learn more from this that from a full Practitioner Course
    : It shows you how to use PRINCE2 in a project

2) Label your manual : FREE
    : Search for “Henny Portman PRINCE2 Labels”
    : This will make it easy to find what you are looking for during the exam

3) Get the FREE version of the PRINCE2 Sample Project
    : This has many examples of PRINCE2 documents
    : You need to know this for the PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
    : This was created by Frank Turley

All the best.
    Fabrice
  • arunm17arunm17 Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much for tips Fabrice.

I am going to start studying soon again once i complete my dissertation for my masters.

Regards
    Arun
  • george_35george_35 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, Fabrice, for sharing these insights. I watched “PRINCE2 Trello project” on YouTube, it’s about how to manage the prince2 using the Trello tool. I would like to suggest to take up the mockup test as much as you can.
  • anikaanika Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am very sad to hear this news but don't give up

I would love to share few study materials

Books:-
    PRINCE2 Study Guide
    Prince2 for Beginners: Prince2 Study Guide for Certification & Project Management
    PRINCE2 Made Simple 2017: updated 2018 version

Online Tutorials :-
    Tutorialspoint
    Tekslate
    Lynda

Training Centers:-
    Koenig Solutions
    Simplilearn
    Cromacampus
    Qaiglobalinstitute

Please pick any training center and start training with it.