Options

Yesterday I did the unthinkable..

HighSparrowHighSparrow Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
..atleast in my opinion, passing CISSP on my first try was unattainable.

I'm writing this to help anyone out there whose about to take the exam.

Materials Used:
  1. CISSP All In One Shon Harris 6th Edition
  2. Sybex CISSP 7th Edition
  3. Sybex Bonus Exams
  4. CISSP Video Mentor
  5. CISSP Complete Video Course
  6. CCCure Quizzer
I'm also CCNA with 7yrs experience. I read a lot on here that one shouldnt attempt the exam if you arent averaging 90's on the CCCure quiz. That drilled it into my head that I wasn't going to make it because on both CCCure and Sybex bonus exam, I was averaging 75%. What I can advise is don't do the practice exams over and over till you know the answers by heart, without knowing why that's the correct answer and the concept behind it. I could take 2hrs 30min to complete a test exam on CCCure and even more time going through the questions i got wrong and why.

The main exam isn't like any other, but Sybex was the closest in providing an accurate 'feel' of the exam. The CISSP Complete Video Course was invaluable to me as well. Sari Greene does an excellent job explaining the points. I cant recommend it highly enough.

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was kinda hoping to read a story about how someone took down a whole datacenter or something along those lines when I clicked on this.... icon_sad.gif

Congrats on the pass though! Bet it feels good
  • Options
    It does. Considering I started reading for CISSP way back in 2013. Had to take a break in 2014 when i got nominated as team lead for SAP MII integration project. 2015 yet another project, this time SCADA upgrade. So yeah, it feels awesome. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    felicitaciones!!! icon_cheers.gif
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    Matt2Matt2 Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! It's great to take it and pass the 1st time.
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Matt2 wrote: »
    Congrats! It's great to take it and pass the 1st time.

Sure is.. Its a long exam and I ended up using all 6 hours. I set a target of 50 questions an hour and one hour to review all the questions I'd flagged. At some point my back was killing me for sitting too long. I kept asking myself if i could manage going through the process again if i didn't ace the exam, to be honest, it would have taken a while to convince myself.
  • Options
    havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    COngrats on passing, I felt the same befor I took the test..kept asking myself, "If I fail, do I try again?"

Thankfully I passed on the first go around.. ;)