Options

SSCP Practice Exam Resources?

KiyoriKiyori Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all,
I was hoping to get some recommendations for practice exams in preparation to take the SSCP exam.

I currently have Darril Gibson's AIO book, with CD that has the exam.

I'm looking at Transcender, 30-day package, as well as something called PrepLogic.
I'm still doing research on PrepLogic, they have an app that advertises the first 10 questions free, and for access to all 222 questions, it is $9.80.
Only thing about this app is that it doesn't provide explanations for the answers, even in practice mode.

Thoughts?

-To the stars, through adversity

Comments

• Options
    alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    the exam that came with the AIO is good enough. also try using Sec+ from Darril Gibson as well. and CBT Nuggets Sec+. check the SSCP 7 domains to make sure you know all of them. good luck.
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You only need the CASP book based on the CAS-002 exam to study from. It covers all the domains and the half of the CISSP domains.
  • Options
    ivandavidsivandavids Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi, I wrote the SSCP exam on 13th October 2015 and passed, see my post.

SSCP Passed
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The above mentioned sources are great, especially the CASP book. Also, get a free account on Cybrary and take their free (did I mention free?) CASP, CISSP, cloud, and cryptography training. Then study the corresponding domains in a CISSP guide. This is more than you need, but it will get you over the top. The object isn't just to pass the test; the object is to learn and keep learning so you can advance in the profession. I doubt you're going to stop with SSCP. You may decide to earn CISSP next. You'll have an advantage when you start.