Options

Promotion

dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
It's official. Finally promoted to Consulting Architect. Should have happened last year, but there were some issues beyond my control. Getting here in just under 6 years is still pretty good.

Promotion means more pay, more bonus, more responsibilities and more taxes. Need to spend less time on technology and more time on People & Process. Need to spend more time reading up on EA, PMP, PRINCE2 and MBA stuff.
2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
"Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Always nice to get promoted!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats~!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    FillAwfulFillAwful Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Always motivating to see other people's successes!! Thanks for the share! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    Basic85Basic85 Member Posts: 189 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats! Consulting Architect sounds like a great position to be in.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    ChadiusChadius Member Posts: 313 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Needless to say, more pressure. ;) Sounds like your ready though.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratz!

What's next for you? I'm an architect as well, I have a chief architect and CISO above me but don't see myself getting these positions until I get really old plus I don't enjoy managing people and reporting much to higher-ups so CISO doesn't look very attractive... Is it a ceiling already?
  • Options
    yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 197 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • Options
    MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks everyone. Next step is to get better/accredited in People & Process, then decided if I want to work as a pre-sale or post-sale architect.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dave330i wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Next step is to get better/accredited in People & Process, then decided if I want to work as a pre-sale or post-sale architect.

And for both of them you need good people skills and process skills and you already understand that. One thing I have to say for both those positions having to deal with people in those positions is the fact of constant meeting requests for both sides. It is usually me sending them requests for meetings/WebEx trainings and demos but i can imagine how many other requests they receive from other people too. So be aware of the constant juggling of meetings and keeping your calendar up-to-date.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats on the new role.