Options

Admin Tools For Home?

UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

I'm looking to build a admin practice lab at home. I'm in need of loadbalancer software to practice configurations, possibly virtual. I'm also looking for some emulations on Splunk and TripWire GUI, I was going through CLI, but I need to practice with these particular tools.

Greatly appreciate any direction on where to find said tools.
CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA

Comments

• Options
    gumpwaregumpware Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can download a free version of Kemp load balancer from http://freeloadbalancer.com/
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Splunk Light is free and lets you index up to 500MB per day. What use case scenario are you looking to cover?
  • Options
    UsualSuspect7UsualSuspect7 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Trying to build my own virtual data center. Trying to gain experience with multiple vendors working in Synch. hosts, DNS servers, Email Servers, FW's, Load Balancers, Switches, routers, monitoring software to gather syslogs. Once I'm completed my first real lab would be to permit syslog 514 to splunk. lol

I'm no where complete. I'm thinking if I could mimic a data center at least within a virtual environment I would be prepare for most things. lol it's just for fun lol.
    CISSP, CCENT, CCNA R/S, CCNA Cyber OPs, Security+, CySA+, PenTest+, Network+, Microsoft AZ-900, InsightVM CA
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    F5 has a virtual lab license and VM for $100 on CDW.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.