Options

suplimenting study..

pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
I just recieved my 1st edition MS press kit. MCSE Core.. Do you think i need to supliment these? What do you recommend I suppliment it with? Have there been any changes to the test since the 1st edition of these?

pandimus
Xinxing is the hairy one.

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I look at it this way - a second source costs?
    How many dollars does a second source cost against how much a re-sit costs :D
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    First thing you should do is get the errata from the MS site. (I think in Support, could be MS press section as well) The exam itself hasn't changed.

The best thing about the MS training kits are actually the exercises, do'em all and you'll have a big advantage at the exam. I used MS press books for my MS exams and although they are great, you may need to do some additional reading. I prefer the MS site (TechNet, Knowledge Base, Online Resouce Kits), but the advantage of taking 70-210 compared to 70-270 is that there is so many stuff available for free on the web, check out the deal we made with ExamCram for example: icon_arrow.gifwww.examforce.com/customer/special4.php?sid=525 and of course our MS link section which has plenty of good resources.
  • Options
    Thank you..

I started my 210 book. I think the hardest thing is not skipping the chapters I already know icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    The real reason I ask regarding suplimental material is based on the three tests I have already taken.. Comptia obviously is an organization that tests on a wide range of material. They set guidelines and then test on them. Third party vendors whom write material to help you pass their tests, will write what they think will help you. Sometimes they hit dead on, sometimes they get some of the stuff correct.
    The MCSE is obviously MS based. I have books written by MS. They are obviously written to help you pass their tests. I am thinkin if I knew and understood 100% of these MS press books I would probably get nearly a perfect score. But I know for a fact that my Network plus book by mike meyers did not cover 100% of the test I took.
    I do plan on getting several differnent test versions. Matter of fact I already have 2 different test engines. I Would just like to Learn the most I can. I have read the first 3 chapters of the 210 book, and it does seem to be fairly easy for me to read. So i debate on wether or not to pick up another set..
    Also The price of the test is not a big factor to me. My Gi-Bill reimburse's me for testing Fee's. Regardless if I pass or fail it. So any money out of pocket is just a temporary setback..

Thanks for your input

Pandimus
  • Options
    cgraciacgracia Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    First thing you should do is get the errata from the MS site. (I think in Support, could be MS press section as well) The exam itself hasn't changed.

The best thing about the MS training kits are actually the exercises, do'em all and you'll have a big advantage at the exam. I used MS press books for my MS exams and although they are great, you may need to do some additional reading. I prefer the MS site (TechNet, Knowledge Base, Online Resouce Kits), but the advantage of taking 70-210 compared to 70-270 is that there is so many stuff available for free on the web, check out the deal we made with ExamCram for example: icon_arrow.gifwww.examforce.com/customer/special4.php?sid=525 and of course our MS link section which has plenty of good resources.

I would definitely go to the above site and download the practice tests from examfore. They have the Exam Cram book with the tests for free in PDF form (which you will find out you cannot print, or copy text to a word document). Definitely give it a shot though...with this site, plus the books, plus maybe a Transcender, you might have a shot at the real thing. I'm going for 70-210 in September (most likely the middle). I honestly for the love of God hope I pass.