Options

About how long to study for CCNA Security, CCDA, and CCNP?

LiquidAurumLiquidAurum Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
About how long do you guys think it took you to study for these exams? Did you take a class or self study? I prefer to take a class myself.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    nikalisnikalis Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    5 years
    To Script or not to Script, that is the question.

MSCA [ ] 70-410 [ ] 70-411 [ ] 70-412
    CCNA [X] 100-101 [ ] 200-101
  • Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    It has taken me about a year and a half to obtain the CCNP:R&S. I would imagine it would take a year or so on top of that to achieve CCDA and CCNA:Security.

I would take it one step at a time and I recommend to complete the CCNP:R&S before looking at the other exams as a good R&S core will be highly beneficial when looking at the other pathways.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • Options
    Colby16Colby16 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys Need Help Please.

can anyone provides me a some details about the CCNA S+R exam format , i have read some threads mentioned that once you picked an answer you cant go back changing your answering. but what if you didnt pick any answer would i still be able to to go back picking the correct answer?. I am freaking out a little bit. any help is greatly appreciated .
  • Options
    fmitawapsfmitawaps Banned Posts: 261
    How long to study? Until you feel you know the material well enough to pass the test, and then some, as Cisco tests are worded trickily, and sometimes, poorly.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    From scratch? 80 hours for CCENT, another ~40-60 for CCNA Sec, another ~60 for CCDA, another 40-60 for CCNA R+S, and at least 150 hours for CCNP R+S.

In theory you could do that in 10 weeks non stop. You'd probably die around week 5, though.

You are much better off just starting with CCENT and getting an idea of how hard it is for you rather than worrying about certifications that most people take years​ to get.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I studied for a few months (not hardcore studying, but diligently) and finished my CCNA in June of 2013. CCNA-Sec came in late September of that year I think, and the CCDA the following February. The CCNA-Sec was very enjoyable and the CCDA is all "theory" with no simulations (or it was back when I took it).

I'd say it depends on your background, how quickly you wrap your head around new topics, and generally how much you are engaged in the material. I did the Cisco certs as a personal goal but if you needed/wanted them for job prospects you may have some additional motivation.

As for the CCNP, it may take me a while. Started studying for SWITCH earlier this year but it got put on the back burner for school, and now my MCSE is coming up for renewal as well, so I'll probably be a bookworm for the remainder of the year to get it all done in time.