Options

ICND2/CCNA Pass!

Leftya88Leftya88 Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey TE,

Finally got my CCNA: R&S! I passed the ICND2 200-101 this morning with an 881, and am glad to have it in the rear view mirror. I studied for a month and 10ish days after passing the ICND1, studying 3 hours a night on weekdays, and using spare time at work. A word of warning for those planning on taking this version of the test before September: in my estimation, it was waaaay harder than ICND1. It was somewhat of a rude awakening about 10 questions into the test, but I made it somehow (think the labs saved me).

Also, similar to the other exam, I felt that I didn't see a lot of what I was expecting in various testable areas.

Resources Utilized:

-OCG Guide w/ Wendell Odom
-CCNA Review Guide w/ Todd Lammle
-Chris Bryant Udemy CCNP Course (Hammering home STP, OSPF, EIGRP concepts)

Labs:

-Testout CCNA Course
-Packet Tracer
-Boson LabSim

Tests:

-Boson Exams***These were ESSENTIAL to exam success. If you have limited resources, get this over everything else. I believe they were more difficult than the real thing, but also really made a lot of concepts sink in. I was hitting 75-80% on the practice tests when I went in for the exam. I would've studied for another month but my time was cut short.
-Practice Exam w/ Cisco OCG Guide (Less useful)

Whats Next:

A nice month long break. icon_lol.gif After that I think I'm going to leisurely start pursuing the CCNP:R&S.

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great work, sir! I am currently ultilizing Boson for my CCENT studies. They are quite challenging.
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    NEODREAMNEODREAM Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Just passed my ICND2 today as well. Such a weight off the shoulders!
    Goal: eJPT Mar. 2020 | GDAT May 2020 | eCPPT Dec. 2020
  • Options
    texaspride05texaspride05 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!! I am in a CCNA course right now about to be starting the ICND2 portion of it which ends August 18th cutting it close on the deadline there with August 20th. I purchased the Boson Exam Simulator last night and using the Odem book as well as Transcender to prep for it. I am starting to really understand how to subnet so hopefully that helps. Using packer tracer as well.
  • Options
    WarpigWarpig Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! That's awesome I think I will be sitting for my 200-101 ICND2 in a couple weeks. Time to get er scheduled. I have been a little apprehensive though. Been using Chris Bryant's Udemy vids as well as the Odom 200-101 book in addition to the Boson Exams. I seem to be doing fairly well on the Boson exam's Im using the following...

ExSim-Max for Cisco 200-101 ICND2
    Exam number :200-101 ICND2
    Exam Name:ICND2 (Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2)
    Certifications: CCNA
    Author: Boson
    (Exam Version:2016.07.05.090448 )

I seem to do pretty well on exam #1 & #2 but Exam #3 likes to kick me in the ass.

Do you mind me asking if you are using the same Boson practice tests? If so was the real deal more like test #1/2 or was it like the #3 killer... lol.

Nick.
  • Options
    jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass! I am currently studying for my CCENT now.
  • Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and thanks for the tips!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]