Options

How do I book my exam in the UK?

GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well this is farcical.

I have what I believe is a Cisco ID (I log in with it when I want to download software and IOS files that don't require a support agreement).

On the Book Your Exam page it tells me that to register for an exam I need a Cisco Certification ID. For this I appear to have to go to the Certification Tracking System which makes sense as I'll want to track my certifications as and when I pass them. There I appear to have to associate my Cisco ID with my Cisco Certification ID so that I can access either using just my Cisco.com login. I'm presented with two options, I either have a Cisco ID or I don't. If I say I don't I have to register again, so I click I have a Cisco.com ID link which takes me to yet another page that welcomes me by name and tells me to close all browser windows if that's not me.

Security notice: You are logged in with the Cisco.com ID: xxxxxxx. If you enter your CSCO ID and Password below, you will be mapped to the Cisco.com ID: xxxxxxx and will have to use the same Cisco.com ID to log into Certification Tracking System in the future.

In order to map your Cisco.com profile to your Certification Tracking System profile, you will need to enter your CSCO ID and your Certification Tracking System password OR the Authorization Code from your account activation email.

I'm now given two more options:
OPTION 1: I am an existing candidate and I have logged in before. I need to enter a CSCO ID and password used to log in to the site before. If I use my Cisco ID and password it says it doesn't recognize me. If I click the link to say I forgot my password it doesn't recognize any email address I enter.

OPTION 2: I am a new candidate and I have not logged in before. As option 1 didn't work you'd assume I need this one, except that this one requires an authorization code which it says can be found on the new account email sent by Credential Management. What email? Have I missed another registration step somewhere?

HELP!

How the hell do I book an exam? Am I jumping ahead too soon, do I need to register on Pearson Vue and book through them, and then sort out the Certification Tracking System once I have passed CCENT? Or will I find when I try to register that I need some ID from Cisco other than my Cisco.com ID that I don't have?

Comments

• Options
    GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
    UPDATE: Registered on Pearson Vue and that process was just as bad. It asks if I know my Cisco ID but then says it doesn't recognize it so I had to register without. At least I'm able to book an exam. Going to schedule it for 2 weeks time so I can study just a little bit more, and it still gives me time for a retake should I need to.
  • Options
    pinkiaiiipinkiaiii Member Posts: 216
    Well went trough similar troubles,whole process is really complicated,i know i had account on cisco.com website but that was from year ago so didn't remember any login details nor what i put down there,but luckily noticed someone beforehand doing registration and since had netacad it went ok just a lot of forms to fill in,kept my breath once got to last page and there was 270euro exam payment while trying to put in full discount code ,that went trough :).