Options

Need to pass INCD2 by the 2nd of August, any advice?

dazl1212dazl1212 Member Posts: 377
I have my ICND2 booked for the second of August i have been studying for a while but I did leave it 3 years from doing my ICND1 to now. I have really struggled with grasping the INCD2 topics in Lammles book despite me going over the whole ICND1 syllabus cover to cover.

Any advice to help? I have just started EIGRP and for this I tried doing the EIGRP the section on Testout Labsim for the old exam which seems to have helped.

Have I simply just not left myself a enough time?
Goals for 2013 Network+ [x] ICND1 [x] ICND2 [ ]

Comments

• Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd pick up Odom's book in addition to Lammle's. Read both of those then do some practice tests and see where you stand. Push the exam back if you're not ready.
  • Options
    GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
    koz24 wrote: »
    I'd pick up Odom's book in addition to Lammle's. Read both of those then do some practice tests and see where you stand. Push the exam back if you're not ready.

I suspect from the what the original poster wrote that his ICND1 is due to expire in which case he must pass ICND2 or start all over again.

With just three weeks to study I don't think another book will be much help, especially one as big as the Official Cert Guide by Wendel Odom, so I'd suggest looking at the Udemy video courses. I have one by Chris Bryant and found watching videos alongside reading the Todd Lammle book helped subjects to sink in better, and in one or two cases finally allowed me to understand a subject I hadn't grasped from the book. There are some free videos on YouTube by INE (and probably others) which were helpful as a second source on topics I was really struggling with, but I don't think I'd make them my only other study material.

You're going to have to put a good few hours in every day if you have any chance of beating your deadline, but don't kill yourself. Worse case scenario is that you have to study a bit longer and take ICND1 again.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the advice!

I have found it a bit easier since watching videos before the actual chapter in the book. I am hoping that I can get this done on time but worst case scenario I will have to redo the ICND1 which given I did the old ICND1 and not the new one I am not to keen on the idea.

Thankfully its not so much the concepts I am struggling with but memorising the facts such as AS and hop count for routing protocols. With a bit of luck the practice exams I am doing should help drive that home.
  • Options
    I see Cisco have a new exam coming out so its out of my hands now. Will have to just hope for the best..
  • Options
    TechytachTechytach Member Posts: 140
    Take *handwritten* notes. It sinks in way better.
  • Options
    Good shout, might help especially with the videos.
  • Options
    greenland888greenland888 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can install some apps on tablet. There is a CCNA learning app by Todd Lammle which is very helpful. 21 chapters corresponding to study guide. there are flash cards and practice quizzes.

some free CCNA questions/networking exam apps are helpful.
  • Options
    I'll check that out. Thanks for that