Will someone please give me a detailed ....

HELLZxPHADERHELLZxPHADER Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can someone please give me a detailed step by step process or provide a link to show me how to upgrade my current 11.3 ios to 12.3 on my 2610 router?

Thanks

Comments

• HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    What kind of router do you have?

Heres one I've used before on my 2500 series routers:

http://www.ciscokits.com/pdf/Cisco_Router_IOS_upgrade_procedure.pdf

Big thanks to ciscokits :D
    Now working full time!
  • HELLZxPHADERHELLZxPHADER Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't think that pdf applies to 2600 series routers but thanks for replying.
    hey thanks, do you know if the only place to obtain cisco ios files is from the cisco site itself or can they be downloaded elsewhere? I ask this because its not possible to obtain ios software with a cisco guest account and thats what i have=(.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    From a Cisco reseller, or another used router for example. Any 'free' download methods are illegal, and should not be discussed in these forums. That's why it is so important to buy used routers with a proper IOS version, because buying the software afterwards is more expensive than the typical used router.
    Thank you very much, now I understand.
    They are not legally downloadable from the internet lol....

Your best bet is to find someone that has a Cisco account that can d/l it for ya!
    Now working full time!
    I just gotta wait on my other two routers from ebay now. fortunantly they both contain 12.3.
    I just gotta wait on my other two routers from ebay now. fortunantly they both contain 12.3.

That should do you very well :)
    Now working full time!
    webmaster do cisco switches also use the same ios from the routers?
  • duncnzduncnz Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    webmaster do cisco switches also use the same ios from the routers?

As far as I'm aware, the IOS is platform dependant, eg you can interchange IOSs between the different 2600 products, but you can't use a 2600 IOS on a 2500 router and you certainly can't use a router IOS on a switch.