Options

Wgu - bsitsec

TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
So, In a previous thread I stated that I was able to transfer a total of 84 Credits between my AAS and Certifications (which I am pretty pumped about!). icon_thumright.gif

So I will be paying my tuition tomorrow and starting my 1st Term on August 1st.

Here are the remaining courses I need (Total of 40 CUs):

IT Foundations
IT Applications
Business of IT - Project Management
Data Management Applications
Scripting and Programming Applications
Designing customized Security
Organizational Behavior and Leadership
Principles of Management
Technical Writing
IT Capstone Written Project

From those of you that have already completed the BSITSEC Program, what are your thoughts on these classes? I know each person has a different aptitude and they may have been easier for some while difficult for others, but just looking for some overall input.

Thanks in advance! icon_wink.gif
* Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
* Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
* Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration

Comments

• Options
    ChadiusChadius Member Posts: 313 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm in Principles of Management, Organizational Behavior and Leadership, and the foundations scripting class. I took the pre-assessment for the first two, passing without studying. If you have worked in the real world for awhile, a lot of it is easy to figure out. I getting both knocked out beginning of next week.
  • Options
    Been awhile, so i figured I'd update this.

Again, I transferred in 84 credits and only had 40 remaining.

My Term started 8/1/16 and here's my progress:

IT Foundations - Completed
    IT Applications - Completed
    Business of IT - Project Management - Completed
    Data Management Applications - Completed
    Scripting and Programming Applications - Completed
    Organizational Behavior and Leadership - Completed
    Principles of Management - Completed
    Designing customized Security
    Technical Writing
    IT Capstone Written Project

I'm pretty happy with the progress thus far, I've completed a total of 27 CUs in the first 2 months of my 1st term.

I have the CCNA:Sec (210-260) scheduled for this Thursday, so hopefully that's a pass...then it's just the Capstone!

icon_thumright.gif
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    yparkypark Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow that's great progress!

Will you update the thread once you've taken CCNA Sec? I am curious as to what materials people are using to prep for the exam. I've heard OCG does not cover enough material. Have you used any other sources to prep for CCNA Sec? I am planning on sitting for the exam at the end of the month.
    2022 Goals: [PCNSE] [JNCIS-SP] [JNCIS-SEC] [JNCIS-DevOps]
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good job, keep it up!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    joemysteriojoemysterio Member Posts: 152
    I'm guessing you have plenty of IT experience to be able to make that type of progress.
    Current goals: CCNA/CCNP
  • Options
    OmegaNullerOmegaNuller Registered Users Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great keep it up! I'm too hoping to do this.
  • Options
    HolyPuckHolyPuck Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you currently employed or are you treating this as a full time job?
  • Options
    Well, its official! Graduated a few days ago! For those of you asking, I work full-time 40+ Hours a week as a Network Security Engineer. I was able to pass most of the assessments without dwelling too much on the course materiel due to my work experience. Onto the Masters! If anyone has any questions regarding my journey, feel free to shoot them my way. Thanks all! icon_thumright.gif

• Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations, great job! I will hopefully be joining you for the MS soon. I am taking my CISSP in about a week, then if all goes well I plan on moving on to the MS.
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management