Switch 770

fitzybhoyfitzybhoy ■■□□□□□□□□ Posts: 58Member ■■□□□□□□□□
Failed the other day. Gutted being so close, can only assume that I flunked a sim, as scores were:

L2 Tech - 80%
Infrastructure Sec - 67%
Infrastructure Services - 100%

If failed on sim, I know where I went wrong and this was a Security based sim. Ah well, exam booked for 10 days from now.

Only adds to the mystique of score calculation, speaking to someone last week about their CCNA and someone piped up that you MUST pass your sims or you can't pass the exam. Not sure how accurate that is, but based on experience of last attempt, there certainly appears to be an element of truth to that.

Comments

  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Posts: 1,195Member
    I can definitely agree and I speak from experience that the SIMs are EXTREMELY important to get correct. I was in the same boat going through Switch. I was missed a piece on a sim, and I knew I had missed it because I was drawing a blank on how to configure it when I faced it. After labbing it up at home and rehashing my methodology I realized what I had blanked on and how I would tackle i. My score improved dramatically after correcting what seemed like a simple piece of the exam.

    Good luck with your next attempt!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • GwhizZGwhizZ ■□□□□□□□□□ Posts: 10Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hope there isn't a sim regarding setting up Radius, filtering...thats something i cant seem to wrap my head around icon_sad.gif
    Writing Switch on Tuesday

    Goodluck with your next try
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Posts: 1,195Member
    GwhizZ wrote: »
    Hope there isn't a sim regarding setting up Radius, filtering...thats something i cant seem to wrap my head around icon_sad.gif
    Writing Switch on Tuesday

    Goodluck with your next try


    My suggestion is to review the blue print and know / feel comfortable with everything on the blue print and you should be fine.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • GwhizZGwhizZ ■□□□□□□□□□ Posts: 10Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    GwhizZ wrote: »
    Hope there isn't a sim regarding setting up Radius, filtering...thats something i cant seem to wrap my head around icon_sad.gif
    Writing Switch on Tuesday

    Goodluck with your next try
    Thanks Daniel going to do that right now :)
  • azaghulazaghul ■■■■□□□□□□ Posts: 569Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    ah...cisco sims...what can you say?
    and even when you do type the identical command string twice on the same device, don't expect the sim to give identical results...you also can't always back out of a sim induced error...just a word of warning
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Posts: 1,195Member
    azaghul wrote: »
    ah...cisco sims...what can you say?
    and even when you do type the identical command string twice on the same device, don't expect the sim to give identical results...you also can't always back out of a sim induced error...just a word of warning

    Yes definitely always have a game plan of what you are going to implement before you do it. I know.. easier said than done when it's your fist time seeing the SIM and you are also not yet aware of what command solutions will be accepted in the SIM environment.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • GwhizZGwhizZ ■□□□□□□□□□ Posts: 10Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    fitzybhoy wrote: »
    Failed the other day. Gutted being so close, can only assume that I flunked a sim, as scores were:

    L2 Tech - 80%
    Infrastructure Sec - 67%
    Infrastructure Services - 100%

    If failed on sim, I know where I went wrong and this was a Security based sim. Ah well, exam booked for 10 days from now.

    Only adds to the mystique of score calculation, speaking to someone last week about their CCNA and someone piped up that you MUST pass your sims or you can't pass the exam. Not sure how accurate that is, but based on experience of last attempt, there certainly appears to be an element of truth to that.

    I ended up in the same boat dude,

    Layer 2 Technologies = 83%
    Infrastructure Security = 33%
    Infrastructure Services = 100%

    The Security Sim got the better of me as well icon_sad.gif
    Because the second sim I know I nailed, was pretty straighforward

    Anyway going for it again :)
Sign In or Register to comment.