Options

Do I qualify for CISA?

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
I have two years of helpdesk experience, where I've done pw resets, account creation/disable/deletion, editing/creating imaging and imaging computers. I also have a 2 and 4 year degree. This is the information that I think will help me out with my answer as to if I qualify for this certification.. I'm a little confused if I do or don't.

So I have 1 year off because of IS experience
I have 2 years off because of the 4 year degree

So I have the 3 years of from the 5 year so I'll have 2 years left but would my 2 years that I will have count for a total of 5 years or not? I read the job practice areas and I think I could get away with the experience that I've listed.

I've looked at the CISA requirements.

A minimum of 5 years of professional information systems auditing, control or security work experience (as described in the CISA job practice areas) is required for certification. Substitutions and waivers of such experience, to a maximum of 3 years, may be obtained as follows:

A maximum of 1 year of information systems experience OR 1 year of non-IS auditing experience can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
60 to 120 completed university semester credit hours (the equivalent of an 2-year or 4-year degree) not limited by the 10-year preceding restriction, can be substituted for 1 or 2 years, respectively, of experience.
A bachelor's or master's degree from a university that enforces the ISACA-sponsored Model Curricula can be substituted for 1 year of experience. To view a list of these schools, please visit Programs Aligned with the Model Curriculum for IS Audit and Control. This option cannot be used if 3 years of experience substitution and educational waiver have already been claimed.
A master's degree in information security or information technology from an accredited university can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you have 2 years as help-desk and you use one of those years as the non-auditing IS experience, you can't also use that year for one of the two audit years of experience. I'd say no, mathematically you can't make 5 years.
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.