Options

WGU Assessment Question

TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
So, I realize that in order to pass some of the Courses at WGU you'll need to take and pass a certification exam, i.e. CompTia, Cisco, etc...

How does this work? Are these proctored online and remotely? Or do you have to test at a center for Pearson Vue/ Prometric?
* Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
* Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
* Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You have to go to a testing center for any of the certification exams. The only times you'd have an online proctored one is when you're already a student and the exam is designed by WGU themselves.
  • Options
    TechGuy215TechGuy215 Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks. So this is included in tuition? Does WGU provide a voucher?
    * Currently pursuing: PhD: Information Security and Information Assurance
    * Certifications: CISSP, CEH, CHFI, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:R&S, CWNA, ITILv3, VCA-DCV, LPIC-1, A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, Project+, and many more...
    * Degrees: MSc: Cybersecurity and Information Assurance; BSc: Information Technology - Security; AAS: IT Network Systems Administration
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If there is a certification involved, WGU will pay for the first two attempts (included in your tuition). If you need to attempt a 3rd or 4th try, you have to pay for it yourself, except at the academic rate. Way back I had to take the 70-642 four times before I passed. Normally the tests are $150 each, but I paid $72 each for the 3rd and 4th attempts.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It depends on the cert where you take it. Some can be done in a testing center, some can be done online.