Does anyone know time frame to reatke on CCENT?

Remington1872Remington1872 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I thought that I had read on Cisco's web site that it was 15 Business days between tests. I took the CCENT on Friday and got a 766 so have to have another crack at it but the retake date listed was for July 22 which is not 15 business days. Just wondering in case I have to make a third attempt at it. Thanks

Comments

• GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Depending where you look you'll see either 5 days or 15 days. When I booked mine through Pearson Vue it said 5 days. Even if it's the latter you'll have time for another go, and if it's only 5 days then 2 or 3 more goes.
  • Remington1872Remington1872 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Excellent thanks for the reply
  • WarpigWarpig Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I asked this last week about the ICND2. I too have seen both 5 and 15 days as a response. On both Cisco's websites and here as well. Guess I will find out IF I fail. Just means I need to get in to take my test a little sooner than I was hoping to. Things seem to be coming along now. My biggest fear right now is not that I know the material but that I will not have enough time to finish the test. I am slower and very methodical when looking at network diagrams and results from show statements. So far I cannot seem to pass an ICND2 Boson test of 63 q?'s in 75 minutes. I just can't seem to make that happen. What happened to the 50 Q? tests with a 90 minute timer. I had no trouble with those.. Please someone tell me the real 200-101 test is not 63 questions with multiple simlets and only 75 minutes.

Nick
    I cannot speak for the CCNA but for me I had 47 questions. One of my classmates has the same number of questions and we were told it should be between 45-60 selected randomly. I think my problem was I rushed when I shouldn't have, I am not fast at subnetting and should have stopped myself and made 100% before moving on, I ended up 30 min left on the clock at the end.
  • gibbers82gibbers82 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    15 days is for the written exams, ccna and icnd1 and 2 are 5 days..

It should say the date you can retake on your exam printout when you dont pass :)
  • WarpigWarpig Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info Remington and gibbers. Maybe I am over thinking things. I have a tendency to do that. Think I just need to get er scheduled asap and bite the bullet. I guess it kinda makes sense that the written tests are 15 days and the CCNA\CCENT\ICND2 are only 5. That would explain the perceived discrepancy I have been reading. Hoping that I dont have to see the date I can next sit on the end of my exam when I dont pass. I'd like to have as much study time as possible and not test too early if I could use an extra week or two to study, but I think I am pretty close to there anyway. Just been Labbing for a couple hours every day for a few days straight then taking another Boson practice exam and watching the Chris Bryant Udemy course on days 3 and 4 with an occasional day off to prevent overload.

Nick
    To gauge yourself you are going to have to take it, chances are good you will pass first time out. If not you have an idea of what to expect and with a limited time table on this you need the possible extra tries in case you have a bad test day.

You can do it.