Options

Saw a position called COM OPS

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
Any idea what the heck this is? Sorry, just curious and I have a feeling a few of you will know what it is.

I can assume it stands for communication operations, but my question is what does that mean. Googling didn't lead me to my answer......

Comments

• Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Look at the duties required/expected and that will tell you what the job role would be and what kind of work one would expect. Titles really don't mean a heck of a lot anymore as they are vague, misleading or confusing to sound "important".
  • Options
    You are right, this is word of mouth. Hoping to get a jump on the description, not for me but another guy I know looking for a new gig. Oh well - He'll have to wait for the job req.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    It could also be commercial operations. But that gives about the same level of detail as communication operations.

Make sure you reply back here when you have an answer, because you've got me curious now.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    @OctalDump it's Commercial Operations

Found out it has more to do with RFI/RFP, SOW, Executed Contracts, dealing with the financial side. Not my thing, I was trying to set up a buddy with this gig through another friend.

Not what I thought it was.