New Exam IK0-002

curiocurio Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just did the new exam and passed (87icon_cool.gif but it isn't like the practice tests I have seen. There definitely isn't as much cross-over with Network+ as there used to be with IK0-001 which the practice tests appear to be for. Be prepared for quite a few questions about media files, scripting languages, database connectivity and meta tags as well as a few on Network+ type stuff. I'm glad I knew plenty more than was in the study guides although some of the Qs I got (3 or 4) were exactly the same as in the Sybex i-Net+ Study Guide - word for word, that would give you a head start. There are a couple of vague ones (probably the 1 or 2 I got wrong) that had two possible correct answers and you had to pick the 'best' answer, I don't know about anyone else's thoughts but isn't that just plain stupid? There shouldn't be questions that rely on a subjective judgement between two right answers.
Another line in the CV - kewl :D

Comments

• bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    congrats on the pass.

as far as the vague questions and answers go, you should visit the security+ forum and here how bad comptia can get! i have read in some forums about the areas where comptia seems to have one idea and microsoft has a different one. i guess comptia exams require a comptia mind-set and microsoft exams need a microsfot mind-set.

i noticed when i took my network+ exam that i had few questions from practise exams which, although a concern for some while preparing for an exam, i found to be more rewarding in the end. i found when i was preparing for a+ that there was a lot of practise exams based on the older objectives - i guess it takes a while for sites to catch up.
    A+ Moderator
  • curiocurio Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am quite up for the Sec+ next but I am concerned by the sheer number of ppl saying bad things about the Qs.
  • cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
    Curio, I would fear the Security+ exam, as it is a horrible. Incredibly hard questions that don't seem to fit with the objectives. Visit http://www.sans.org and read all you can. That would be my advice to you.

Cheeblie
  • FireStarterFireStarter Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there!

Do you know what the changes are in the new iNet+ exam? I think most of my study material predates the new exam and would just like to know the differences between the old and the new.

Thanks

Fire icon_wink.gif
  • 0828608286 Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi there FireStarter :D As your interested in knowing what the exam objectives are for the current i-Net+ test go to the following url and find the i-Net+ exam objectives and make sure you print a copy and mark each of the topics that you master. This method allows you to both see what you have learnt and more importantly what other topic(s) needs to be studied further. From personal experience if you familiar with the exam objectives and read them regularly during your study of any of CompTIA exam you will find that during the exam you'll find that the exam has "given" away some questions to you - and no I'm not kidding! Just make sure you learn all of the exam objectives and get 90% or over consistently during practice tests or end of chapter questions and your sure to pass!
    http://www.comptia.org/default.asp

Good luck with your exam when you take it. See you later icon_lol.gif
  • FireStarterFireStarter Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much for the advice 08286!!!! what a strange user name??

I have printed off these exam objectives and have them close at hand whenever I study. What confused me a little is that on the PDF version of these objectives it is dated August 2001 and I was under the impression that the new exam was introduced in 2002??

Is this an oversite on CompTia's part? Are these the latest objectives?

Regards
    Fire icon_confused.gif
  • lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congratulations on the great score. I agree with your description of the test, I took it Jan 30th and felt exactly the same way.
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?