Options

I Passed Today, And I Squeaked By....

KI6BHFKI6BHF Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I want to thank this forum for opening my eyes and allowing me to finally achieve my Network+ Certification. As you can tell by the subject I passed but, I really did squeak by. After about 30 questions I knew I was sunk. Round about question 50 I do believe things started to look like I actually was in familiar territory. Then around question 70 I was back in that dark hole. I marked about 20 questions that I was totally lost on, 15 of them I had not answered and decided to go back and read them slowling. I think doing this was the key to me passing. But at no time did I change an answer on anything I had already answered.

Seems all the studying, and trying to just think about the questions and not the logic and theory of this almost caused me to fail. Lesson be learned from somebody that has done this, do not just study answers to questions, I repeat do not study answers and questions. Even tho I did my best to try and picture all the scenerio's during the test my mind went blank and all I could think about was all those questions and pre-tests I did. You will have to spend a good amount of time on what actually is the basis of Network+ and Networking all together. You can have all the practice tests under your belt as I did, and even a good book as I did but if you don't pay attention to the meat and potatoes you will fail. As I have seen here repeated countless times from others, you can't pass if you only study questions with answers and if you do pass let's just say you will "Squeak By".

Since I am presently working as a Help Desk Manager my next goal is to go after my MCDST which will give me my MCP and probably Security+. But I can assure you that I will not make the same mistake twice. I think I was given a gift today to wake me up to what bad habits I got into.

Have a good one all. But I can say "I Passed".

Jon
A+, Network+, (MCP by way of MCDST)
Jon
A+, Network+
(Next CST, CNST, MCDST, MCP)

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Yep! You've taken Network+. That has always been my advice to N+ exam takers--read carefully! That was my own experience too.

But, CONGRATULATIONS! A pass is a pass, and the score will never show up again--anywhere.

MCDST is a good next step. Have you all looked into the HDA certs for Help Desk? They center on the Customer Support side of Help Desk.
    Our HD manager has their HDM cert.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
    Congrats on your pass :D
    Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
    Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
    Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University
  • Options
    KI6BHFKI6BHF Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey janmike how do I go about checking into this because I would truely be interested in this. I also have a question on what proof is required for CompTIA A+ and Network+ to Certified Network Systems Technician ( CNST ) rollover from ETA International. Can I use my score sheet or would it be better to wait for the Certificate I get from Comptia. Thanks again all.
    Jon
    A+, Network+
    (Next CST, CNST, MCDST, MCP)