Options

Icnd2 passed!

sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
Whee.

I found it to be easier than ICND1 because ICND2 outlines are more of an expansion of part 1. Terms are re-used. You already know how switches work. Things go from IPv4 to IPv6 without much change in the way things work. Subinterfaces are not anything new to anyone because we have all seen them before from part 1. Switching rules are the same.

Frame Relay is not as hard as people make it out to be. It just is confusing because at least for me personally I've never seen it before so I can't relate to it. It is simple, though.

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! You're now officially a CCNA. What's next for you?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    danny069 wrote: »
    Congrats! You're now officially a CCNA. What's next for you?

First I would like to get more hands on experience for job purposes. Want to set up servers for any random purpose. Firewalls. Maybe a VPN if I can figure out a free or cheap way.

But as far as certs, I'm thinking maybe CCNP, or CCNA Cloud. I see many things going to the cloud and must look into the job prospects for that. Cyber security is always there but I don't think it strikes me the way it strikes others. Also seems high stress. I have to decide.

BUT ACTUALLY in 6 days I'm going to Thailand for 2 weeks. That's what's next :)
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□

Now that sounds awesome, I would love to go there myself and visit the elephant sanctuaries. Have a great trip!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Enjoy your vacation.
  • Options
    danny069 wrote: »
    Now that sounds awesome, I would love to go there myself and visit the elephant sanctuaries. Have a great trip!

This is expired, and I didn't use this specific deal but ----> Phuket, Why Not? 6-nights in Thailand for $715, incl. flights from LA or NYC, 4* beach hotel, & transfers! Options are out there!
  • Options
    GDainesGDaines Member Posts: 273 ■■■□□□□□□□

Where abouts in Thailand (it's an awfully big country)? Been there loads of times, next year maybe go up to Chiang Mai.
  • Options
    GDaines wrote: »
    Where abouts in Thailand (it's an awfully big country)? Been there loads of times, next year maybe go up to Chiang Mai.

Going through Bangkok. I will be there for 2 weeks so I want to hit Chiang Mai/Rai to visit the elephants/tigers. I am definitely going to Krabi to visit Phi Phi Islands which is heaven on earth as far as I am concerned. Also I am hitting up the full moon party during my time there. I don't have a day to day itinerary yet, as I was studying all this time lol. But yes, I am traveling around!
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□