Options

The 25 Best Online Masters Science Information Assurance & Security Programs

The 25 Best Online Master of Information Assurance and Security Degree Programs | The Best Schools

I wandered across this and thought it was interesting. I'm currently in the Norwich University MSISA program, which is ranked 7th. I did an MSM in Project Mgmt and an MSM in Information Systems Security back in 2006/2007 at Colorado Technical University; they're ranked 17th. WGU comes in at 25th.

Discussion encouraged. I never trust these things entirely because they all use such different methods of rating universities. You can't ever be sure it's really apples to apples.
"It's so stimulating being your hat!"
"... but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."

Comments

• Options
    jeremywatts2005jeremywatts2005 Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did the MSM in Information Security from CTU in 2006 - 2007 also and I never got a job with the degree. They had no career placement if I remember right during that time. Also they did not seem to have the real world stuff that was needed for the field. I had to go back to college and get a second Masters from Champlain College in Digital Forensic Sci (2013) and then the jobs started pouring in. The MSM from CTU doesn't seem to have any weight with the employers I talk with. They focus solely on my MSDFS from Champlain. It is sad that I spent so much money getting my MSMISS from CTU only to never have it be applicable or even respected.
  • Options
    ratbuddyratbuddy Member Posts: 665
    That site has zero credibility - many of the schools on that list are sponsors of the site. Sure, they can claim to be neutral in the ratings, but in reality, you don't piss off the sponsors.
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Interesting list... I'm surprised that Northwestern and Brandeis didn't rank higher. I'm also surprised that the Johns Hopkins, Carnegie Mellon, Syracuse, and Utica aren't on the list at all; without them, I can't really consider the list complete... In the end, as @ratbuddy states, I'm inclined to think that the site/lists neutrality is compromised and that there's some sort of pay-for-play arrangement.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    fullcrowmoonfullcrowmoon Member Posts: 172
    ratbuddy wrote: »
    That site has zero credibility - many of the schools on that list are sponsors of the site. Sure, they can claim to be neutral in the ratings, but in reality, you don't piss off the sponsors.

That's an excellent point. Do you have any alternative resources?
    "It's so stimulating being your hat!"
    "... but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."