Options

Windows Server

jp_crash17jp_crash17 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi i just want to ask if what is the first step things to do after you install the Windows server 2003?it is create first a domain controller or set up it as DHCP?where can i find the procedure or step by step in setup the Windows server 2003 as a DC? :D

Comments

• Options
    texasmcdsttexasmcdst Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you have nothing the first thing is to install server itself. After that you can install whatever you want, whether it be active directory and dns, dhcp, whatever. The blow link will show you step by step how to install server, promote the server to a domain controller, add dns, and config dhcp I believe.

Good luck,

texasmcdst
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/directory/activedirectory/stepbystep/default.mspx

Paul P
    NRH, TX
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    texam, you beat me to the punch. icon_lol.gif I would suggest that you get study guides and follow the lab exercise to get a clear understanding on how needed to get done, otherwise, you have to search the web exhaustedly. Get MS Press 70-290 book; it's great for this exam as well as lab exercise.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki